so... you won't be using your Pyra for emulation now will you?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by codifies, Aug 2, 2018.

1. T.T.

T.T. Master of Lightning

This always comes up every few years. Yes, technically you have to dump the cartridge yourself in order to make it technically legal. But most people aren't going to.

levi likes this.
  2. Swordfish II

Swordfish II Very Active Member

Iirc chromium can access and use netflix

rygD and levi like this.
  3. spud42

spud42 Very Active Member

found this dated feb 2018.... https://itsfoss.com/netflix-firefox-linux/

for chrome in windows i had to get an extension to be able to watch full HD ie 1080p. by default it only does 720p. i read that only safari for Mac and Edge for win 10 natively supported 1080p playback ootb.

ible and ingoreis like this.
  4. Grench

Grench Forum Addict!

But - 720p is native on the Pyra isn't it? I suppose you could want to do 1080 through the HDMI out though.

5. spud42

spud42 Very Active Member

yes, i failed to add that to my post. 720p on the pyra screen is native resolution. but it would be nice to output 1080p on the HDMI port.

Netflix resolutions on various browsers.

this is not nice netflix......

work around for unsupported browsers..

6. Kippykip

Kippykip BFG 9000

Now emuparadise has closed their doors, I'm blaming nintendo now that I can't get specific PAL releases of PS1 games.

7. second exodous

second exodous Advanced Member

I think that was the site I used most of the time. Sad, but if you go to any torrent site the peers on rom torrents now is through the roof. People are grabbing them while they can. I'm thinking if the Movie industry can't get rid of torrents then Nintendo has little chance of doing it so I don't see the big rush to grab full rom sets.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 12, 2018 at 12:18 AM, Original Post Date: Aug 12, 2018 at 12:16 AM ---
    Why is Microsoft Edge the only one that supports 4k? seems odd.

Anyway, Netflix was one of two things that made me think I still needed a phone when all the phone stuff worked on the Pyra. The other thing being water proof as I use my phone for a GPS while riding my bike. It is good to see that I can watch netflix on my Pyra.

EDIT: Holy freaking cow, I'm watching netflix on my Linux notebook! Didn't have to do anything special, I just logged in and started watching. It is quite magical for me, I had it working before but had to jump through some hoops.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018 at 3:00 AM