Soccer World Cup 2014 - Who are you rooting for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Annoying bullshit. Couldn't sleep with open window last night. Thought about calling the police (it's not fucking New Year's Eve!), but I am quite sure, that would come to nothing...

Just because some men, which were (mostly) born in the same random drawn area as me, won a stupid, boring game... I can't remember, that I couldn't sleep with open window as the German women won the last world (or european) cup...

Annoying bullshit. Couldn't sleep with open window last night. Thought about calling the police (it's not fucking New Year's Eve!), but I am quite sure, that would come to nothing...
I'm thinking the same every single time. It's illegal for good reasons to use explosives especcially at night, but police won't help, because they usually are the same kind of idiots.

Reactions: Ziz

Just because some men, which were (mostly) born in the same random drawn area as me, won a stupid, boring game... I can't remember, that I couldn't sleep with open window as the German women won the last world (or european) cup...
Whats wrong with you ? Germany finally shot its way back into the hearts and minds of the international community (pun explicitly intended). I don't care about the whole thing (just can't understand why I should be proud of something I had no participation in), I'm glad the german team won, so all the "drunken corpses" that where still staggering the streets where not "angry drunken". What I'm angry about is the unconsidered use of national symbols and the money that was flushed down into the sewer where the FIFA lives both in Germany ( about 150 millions euro, how sick is that) and Brazil.

I saw a current event show were they went around asking people what FIFA was.  A lot said it was an Xbox 360 game.

Whats wrong with you ?
Nothing. I am "just" annoyed. And not only about the noise. ;)
Germany finally shot its way back into the hearts and minds of the international community (pun explicitly intended). I don't care about the whole thing (just can't understand why I should be proud of something I had no participation in), I'm glad the german team won, so all the "drunken corpses" that where still staggering the streets where not "angry drunken".
Great. The problem went better because the problem has a good mood! What about the drunken corpses in argentina? I have nothing against international sport events. But I don't get why some sport events are so hyped (even from my money, because I HAVE to pay for the television studios)?
What I'm angry about is the unconsidered use of national symbols and the money that was flushed down into the sewer where the FIFA lives both in Germany ( about 150 millions euro, how sick is that) and Brazil.
And if you know all that and are angry about it... Why do you think something is wrong with me? Do I walk drunken through the streets? Do I make noise with illegal explosive materials at night? Am I getting dumber and dumber and shout "SCHLAAAAND", because "Deutschland" has to many syllables to remember at night?
I hope this just ends now.

And if you know all that and are angry about it...
Sorry, this wasn't ment serious. I tried to copy a joke from my favourite cabaret artist (Matthias Deutschmann): "1954 in Bern haben wir uns in die Völkergemeinschaft zurückgeschossen", as it seems I have failed (as always in trying to be funny).

Am I getting dumber and dumber and shout "SCHLAAAAND", because "Deutschland" has to many syllables to remember at night?
Don't be to hard on them, don't forget Heiner Müller: "Natürlich sind zehn Deutsche dümmer als fünf Deutsche.", its in their genes ;)

Great. The problem went better because the problem has a good mood! What about the drunken corpses in argentina? I have nothing against international sport events. But I don't get why some sport events are so hyped (even from my money, because I HAVE to pay for the television studios)?
Yep, forced to pay 18€ per month every year for something I'd rather pay to end it.

I hope this just ends now.
It will never end... at least not until the next step in evolution.

Why wasn't there as much hype for the long sword fencing competition in Vienna organized by the Austrian official fencing organization last September?

It was unisex, about German martial arts, individual skill and everybody was able to participate if he/she paid the low fee and made it through the qualification rounds.

Nobody cared for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody cared for that.
You need a "critical mass" in order to wake up the herd instict (see qoute in my last post). Look how high viewer levels were in comparison to normal football broadcast. Altough popularity is declining, its still "the" mass sport in Germany

Altough popularity is declining, its still "the" mass sport in Germany
Yes, if the men play. You can't explain this without a huge amount of sexism...
Yep, that's why I mentioned the unisex aspect of the other competition, even in German martial arts there is less sexism (in fact practically none at all), how strange is that?

Indeed, for the cult about football here, they still make a disturbing difference between male and female football. I'm actualy no Football fan but I liked to watch the female national team more, they play better than many male "football experts" expect. And actualy I like to wach woman do sports more than wathing men do sports but tastes are different. :D

Overall, I would prefer other sports get more popular compared to football here. They pay so much attention onto football that you cluld think it's the only sport in germany. Ok, besides Formula 1 maybe but I guess I will never see E-Sports reports in serious german TV news...

abgww.jpg

Football, it doesn't float my boat either I'm afraid. :mellow:

And confirmed habit: Sports was something men would do for a long time, so people are still used to that. I have my doubts that this stems from sexism only 
Overall, I would prefer other sports get more popular compared to football here. They pay so much attention onto football that you cluld think it's the only sport in germany. Ok, besides Formula 1 maybe but I guess I will never see E-Sports reports in serious german TV news...
Wether its beeing football, knitting, esports or anything else I rather do myself than watching other people do it; If you want to "equalize" things, fine, but please leave me out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back