[SOLD] ASUS Transformer Book 12-Inch T200TA-C1-BL 2-in-1 Detachable Touchscreen Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrashyMG

Sarcasm Dispenser
Staff member
I bought this back in March thinking it would be cool x86 tablet like device to throw Linux on, however it was a lot less Linux friendly than I expected, while I did get Linux to mostly work on it booting up via a USB 3.0 Thumbdrive, it's definitely not an optimal setup and there is much that is still not supported by the mainline Kernel. Windows 8.1 is installed by default and have reverted it to factory defaults. It's a nice device and while it's not a gaming power house by any means it can run some games fairly well.

I'm including the leather case and a 240GB SSD I installed in the HD bay in the keyboard base.

All together I'm asking $350.00 USD + what ever the shipping cost is. International shipping can happen, just would need to look into pricing.

Details:

- Intel Atom 64-Bit Quad Core 1.59GHz (Turbo up to 2.39GHz).
- 4 GB RAM.
- Storage Capacity: 64GB Solid-State in tablet.
- Includes Keyboard Dock with USB 3.0 port, USB 2.0 Port, and Ethernet Port.
- Smart HD Bay in Dock allows for Self-Upgradable Standard 2.5-inch Hard Drive (up to 1TB)
- 9-Hour Long Battery Life. 2MP Webcam and 5MP Rear Camera.
- 1x microHDMI, 1x microUSB. MicroSD Card Reader (supports SDXC).
- Wireless Dual-Band 802.11ABGN and Bluetooth 4.0.

Asus Transformer T200TA:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NMVEWC6

Kingston Digital 240GB SSD:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A1ZTZNM

Leather Case:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OKDY9S2

Pictures:

20150629_000431.jpg

20150629_000524.jpg

20150629_000601.jpg

20150629_000637.jpg

20150629_000751.jpg

20150629_000807.jpg

20150629_000838.jpg

20150629_171215.jpg

20150629_002630.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to spice up this sale, I will donate 100 Euro to the Pyra development fund when this is sold. 

Out of interest, which bits of it doesn't Linux support yet?  Disc presumably (given how you only managed to boot from a USB stick), anything else as well?

Just interested so I can avoid buying a duck in the future is poss.  Best of luck with the sale.

Out of interest, which bits of it doesn't Linux support yet?  Disc presumably (given how you only managed to boot from a USB stick), anything else as well?

Just interested so I can avoid buying a duck in the future is poss.  Best of luck with the sale.
Yes, the unfortunate thing I discovered is that it was impossible to boot from the drive mounted into the keyboard. This left either partitioning the 64GB internal flash memory which I was hesitant to do or USB.

Wifi and Sound as of last I tried with Debian jessie and kernel 4.0RC5 didn't work. There was some hand hacks I found that I could get the Wifi going, but suffered connection issues worse than the Pandora. I understand some of the issues are some holes in the support of the Bay Trail processor, some are specific to the ASUS Transformer as I believe from what I read some specific GPIOs need to be configured properly start up the sound and such.

Ah, I used to use Debian on the 64GB ssd in this netbook - plenty of space for an OS + data.  Although now I've upgraded to Arch and put /usr and other misc root-level stuff on the 'internal' 4GB chips, and put /boot, /var and /home on the 64GB card.  But if you've got a 240GB SSD intermittently connected, a lot of my music and videos could go on there, limiting how much I need in my on-board /home folder.

But yeah, wifi and sound would be a showstopper in this day and age.  That's like going back to the early 2ks.

Ah, I used to use Debian on the 64GB ssd in this netbook - plenty of space for an OS + data.  Although now I've upgraded to Arch and put /usr and other misc root-level stuff on the 'internal' 4GB chips, and put /boot, /var and /home on the 64GB card.  But if you've got a 240GB SSD intermittently connected, a lot of my music and videos could go on there, limiting how much I need in my on-board /home folder.

But yeah, wifi and sound would be a showstopper in this day and age.  That's like going back to the early 2ks.
So you've gotten Arch to work with Wifi and Sound on this exact model? My familiarity with Arch is next to zero, I still plan on selling this as my new work issued laptop is pretty awesome and I find it kind of redundant to carry around both.

Ah, no, not at all - sorry for any confusion.  I'm typing this on an old Eee PC with an aftermarket mini-PCI 64GB SSD card in it.  Sound and wifi worked out of the box (but booting with /usr in a separate partiton to / took a bit of tinkering).  I'd be tempted by your offer, as it would be a significant upgrade if sound and wifi worked in any form of Linux.  For those happier in Windows it sounds a very capable machine.

Just bumping, will give it a week or so here, before I post it up on Ebay for the masses to bid on.

Nice device, I search for something like this. However, no chance to get this to germany to a decent price, our customs are pretty mad here when it comes to electronics from USA. ;) I also would prefer a german keyboard layout. But if this Asus Transformer series is good, I set it on my list for a future Convertible/Tablet-thingy. ^^

One question, does it have a glossy or non glare display?

Nice device, I search for something like this. However, no chance to get this to germany to a decent price, our customs are pretty mad here when it comes to electronics from USA. ;) I also would prefer a german keyboard layout. But if this Asus Transformer series is good, I set it on my list for a future Convertible/Tablet-thingy. ^^

One question, does it have a glossy or non glare display?
It's kind of glossy...

Well found a buyer outside of the interwebs of all places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back