Soldering Problem?

Araneidae

Still Fresh
I have discovered what looks like some very dodgy soldering inside my GP2X. I'd be very glad if anybody who knows the board could confirm this. I'm going try and explain without images, but using the silk-screen labels, so anybody who has seen the board can follow along.

The USB comes in on CON2, which is a five pin connector with a metal shroud. To the left of the connector (looking from inside the board are two components R115 and C93 and a third, which looks like a capacitor. It will have to remain anonymous (it is right under R115 and C93) because its silk-screen name is completely covered by a great blob of solder attached to the CON2 shroud.

Immediately below the connector is the NET2272 USB controller and a diode D2 with tracking to C84 and C85. Unfortunately a wire comes from the CON2 shroud and connects directly to this same track (on the right hand side of D2).

I am quite suspicious of the big blob of solder to the left and even more uneasy about the apparently stray wire poking D2 on the right. As my USB just plain doesn't work, I am inclined to place the blame right here.

I suppose it's possible that this is the way it's meant to be? Can somebody else take a peek and give me an opinion?

I wonder if GPH has anything to say on the matter. Maybe they already have. I wish I could read korean.

Back