GP32 Solution For The Split Screen Bug

0-bake

hi,

i am now nearly finished with my game i am working on quite a while, and i was testing it the last days for some longer sessions.
what did i see? the "split screen bug" happened. i am using devkitpro r12 with libmirko.

is there a solution for this bug?

after playing a while, the game gets at first slowdowns and then the screen splits. i'm not sure, if i waste memory or so, but i don't think so. i'm loading all the grafix stuff at the start of the program.
how can i see, how much memory is left?

any suggestions?

0-bake posted on Aug 19 2005 at 12:29 PM said:
hi,

i am now nearly finished with my game i am working on quite a while, and i was testing it the last days for some longer sessions.
what did i see? the "split screen bug" happened. i am using devkitpro r12 with libmirko.

is there a solution for this bug?

after playing a while, the game gets at first slowdowns and then the screen splits. i'm not sure, if i waste memory or so, but i don't think so. i'm loading all the grafix stuff at the start of the program.
how can i see, how much memory is left?

any suggestions?
The splitscreen bug has been solved on the latest 0.95lib. But then it is no longer runable under geepee32.

Last edited by a moderator:
ah ok.
should be no problem just to compile the final version with the 0.95 libs.
thx

edit:
oh, i have just recognized that the slowdowns in the game and the split screen are caused by this functions. if i use the "normal" gp_drawSpriteHT, i have no slowdowns and no split screen at all. -> http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?act=S...t=0#entry261175

Last edited by a moderator:
Back