[SOLVED] Battery cover - where can I get one quickly? :P

Prometheus

It's been a while since I last had to post in the Support section due to something being up with my own Pandora. :lol:

Basically, I had to remove the battery recently, and when I did, two of the three tabs at the bottom snapped off. Not only did the tabs go (it was the two outer ones - thankfully the middle one is ok for now, and it isn't stopping my Pandora from working), but they took off a bit of the bottom of the battery cover, too! Go figure that the only time I've really had to do this, this goes and happens to me. :p

Anyway, I dropped a PM to ED to ask if he has any, but I know he's busy and hasn't read it yet. Does anyone know if it's quicker to get one from ED or from Craig's shop? I can pay right away, I just need to know which is the quicker option, as I need one quite urgently. I don't think that the one remaining tab is going to last for too long, for some reason.

Even if anyone says I don't have to pay to get one, I would much rather do so even if it's only for some extra bubble-wrap, as we have a poor postal service around here, and would likely get broken before it got to me if I didn't do that, and thus leave me in the same place as where I started.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also looking to buy a whole new case for my Pandora, some LCD cables and would like to know the same. Thanks!

I'm definitely not the only one who is interested in this

It would be nice to have some explanation on current situation with spare parts (where to buy, estimated shipping terms, where to go for them etc.)

If it were written down and pinned, it would save both Craig and ED some time answering PMs.

I don't know about how to go about getting a new one, but mine broke as well, nothing a bit of superglue won't fix in the mean time. Mine has been sturdy all month.

It would be nice if softer plastic could be used, more of what the ICP feels like. I just broke mine on a cross country flight and am yet to hear back from ED on it. I didn't check with Craig's shop although I bought it from him. I'd be willing to pay for 2 or three of these and shipping.

There's always test mode without the battery and plugged into an outlet, but who wants to be connected to a wall with a Pandora?

It would be nice if softer plastic could be used, more of what the ICP feels like. I just broke mine on a cross country flight and am yet to hear back from ED on it. I didn't check with Craig's shop although I bought it from him. I'd be willing to pay for 2 or three of these and shipping.

There's always test mode without the battery and plugged into an outlet, but who wants to be connected to a wall with a Pandora?

The whole case needed to be made of softer plastic, but we live and learn, and I guess the iCP is a product of that, Pandora as well, but it will take a while longer :p

Thanks everyone. I've just sent ED an e-mail. :)

Just broke the outer two tabs on mine.

Had to do a battery remove after a lock up on HF6 caused by installing stuff from the repo,

Just remember, duct tape and some cardboard will work in the mean time. :)

ED sent me a replacement.

Great service (even if it took a while due to extreme workload)

Back