[solved] Borders gone

diligentcircle

Website
onpon4.github.io
I noticed that middle-clicking on the window border caused it to disappear (I guess it's supposed to be some kind of fullscreen mode). Now I'm stuck; how do I get it back? I can't middle click on it again since it's not there any more.

This actually locked me out of doing anything but a hard reset last time it happened because Firefox's "Downloads" window was blocking the menu bar and couldn't be closed.

EDIT: Well, now that I exited Firefox properly, it seems to be stuck like this. I definitely don't like not having window borders.

EDIT 2: OK, good news is it's only in apps/games launched from the MiniMenu. Xfce still has the borders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Middle click normally just minimizes the window for regular linux gnome /xfce windows manager.. sounds like there is an odd bug involved with minimenu in your case.

I just tried middle-clicking on the border in FXCE and it did nothing (which is good), so I tried the right-click menu "fullscreen" option and sure enough, it had the same effect, except it actually caused the window to fill the screen and it only affected that window (I got the normal window when I re-opened Firefox).

I did a quick search and it seems Alt+F11 is the shortcut for toggling fullscreen (I just tested it on FXCE and it works), so I'll try that.

EDIT: Alright, here's what I've discovered:

It's not just a middle click, but a middle click and right click at the same time, that triggers it. It happens both on the minimenu and on XFCE, but it gets corrected instantly on XFCE. On the minimenu, it lasts until you switch the GUI, so switching to FXCE and back fixes the problem.

In this state, Alt+F11 does not do anything, so the best thing to do is exit the program and switch to XFCE and back, which fixes the problem

Back