[SOLVED] Can't Eliminate Or Move A (Corrupted?) Folder

Prometheus

I just suffered a crash whilst testing out the first release of psx4pandora (it doesn't like 850MHz, apparently :p), and had to reset my Pandora by using the Pandora button and shifting the power switch to the right. Now I have a folder, "psx4pandora-1", which I cannot delete (I have tried this on both my Pandora and my main computer), cannot remove from the trash, and cannot move to another card (after restoring it from the trash, of course).

On attempting to move it to another card, I get the following error message;

Failed to determine file info for "file:///media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/psx4pandora/.wh..wh.plnk".
Stale NFS file handle.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to kill off this file, please? :p

:eek:
That... that makes no sense.
Anywho, have you tried fsck? umount the SD card and fsck the device. On the Pandora
Code:
sudo umount /media/mmcblk0p1
sudo fsck /dev/mmcblk0p1

WizardStan said:
:eek:
That... that makes no sense.
I seem to have a knack for finding things that make no sense during normal usage. :p Like that time I found a bug in the Sega Saturn's BIOS...

Anywho, have you tried fsck? umount the SD card and fsck the device. On the Pandora
Code:
sudo umount /media/mmcblk0p1
sudo fsck /dev/mmcblk0p1
I'm just letting it do this now. I'll edit (or post back) with the results.

EDIT: Stan, you're a star. :) That solved it, and you have my thanks for that and for teaching me something I didn't know before.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're welcome.
Just never run fsck without unmounting the disk first. Bad things happen.

That I knew (I have no idea why or how, mind you :p), but thanks for the warning. :lol:

Back