[SOLVED] Help Menu System Is Now Not Coming Up When Clicked !

Monow7691

Still Fresh
Hi,

I have been filling up my Pandora to get ready for a trip next week. Coming to the end of the task. Now suddenly my menu system is now not appearing. As a new coming to the Pandora and Linux I am unsure what I may have done to cause it to happen.

I usually access the menu by clicking the left hand bottom of the screen on the icon in the corner. At which point the menu usually pops up and I can access all my emulators and programs etc. But now when I click on it, my menu doesn't appear, all I get is the File Manager window.

I know the SD cards are registering in SD Card slot one. I have tested my Pandora with 2 SD cards with the correct folder configures (both have worked fine before when the menu system showed up). But still no menu shows up.

I have had to force a power down with the on/off switch. And rebooting didn't bring the menu system back. I have even removed the battery to see if that may help. And it didn't.

So now I am guessing, some how a setting has changed which has turned off the menu system and caused the file manager window to appear instead.

So I am just wondering can anyone help me get my menu system back, so I can get access to my emulators and programs again.

I would really appreciate it if I could get this sorted, before I go on my trip. A 9 hour flight.... I need movies and games :)

Does it happen if you fresh boot with SDs ejected? That will tell you if its SD issue or NAND issue.. And if nand its a config or something go buggered.. Could fix but it may be easier to just reflash so you're working for your trip

If its SD, maybe remove a few of your latest additions or build upmSD again.. Back up to pc, then move files back a few at a time and test...

Jeffphone

its a too low memory issue, easy fix, here ya go, http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/55190-solved-taskbar-has-disappeared/page__p__890716&#entry890716
any other problems, refer to THREAD

Edit: hmm this may not be the problem im thinking of, either way, go through the tricks and tweeks thread for anything that sounds like your problem and try it out

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the response guys.

I have just booted my Pandora with both SD out. And the problem continued. No Menu when tapping on the icon bottom left hand corner, goes straight to a File Manager Window instead.

I had thought about re-flashing the unit, will read a few threads on the link provided. But with time restraints at this stage the re-flash seems my best bet, if there is no easy work around.

Will get back with anything I find.

Could loading in a large Doc file (39,754KB) into the word processor (Abiword) on the Pandora in some way have rewritten something on the Pandora? I remember it taking an age to load, when I came back to the Pandora, Abiword had disappeared and the file hadn't loaded up for viewing. Just clutching at straws here, so I know if I get the menu system back I don't want to lose it again, by doing the same thing.

Thanks

OK, checking the threads I have found a way to get the menu to reappear.

"For future reference, the way to get the menu button back is much simpler than a reflash: You need to right-click on the panel, click on "Add New Items", and then choose "Xfce Menu" from the window that appears, before clicking the "Add" button in the lower-right corner.

After this, you can right-click on the newly-added item and click on "Properties" in order to tweak it to your liking - you will want to uncheck the box labelled "Show title in button", because that prevents you from using an image for the menu button. You can assign an image to it by using the "Button icon:" option - the standard built-in icon for the menu is "op-start.png", which is easily found once you've clicked the "Button icon:" button.
" - Prometheus

Not exactly how it was, as the menu icon is now on the right of all the icons, but I'm glad that I can get to the menu easier anyway, so I am happy.

Thanks for the input guys !

I'm glad you found that. :)

You can move the menu icon if you wish, if it's not where you want it to be - simply right-click it, and choose "Move" from the menu. Then you'll be able to put it back where it was before.

Yes I am glad that I found your post too. As by doing that I learned quite a bit about customising the menu system of the Pandora. Since I have only clicked on the menu to run stuff, I hadn't needed to familiarizes myself with the system. Now with this little problem I have learned quite a bit.

And now the menu is in the orginal place.

So thanks again for the responses.

Back