[Solved] How can I verify if my Pandora is the 1GHZ Edition or the Rebirth Edition?

Hồng Thất Công

Đả Cẩu Bổng Pháp
May be this is a dumb question, but I've owned my Pandora for a couple of months now and I noticed that in the bottom of the Pandora there's a sticker saying "1GHz Edition".  However, there's also another marking stating "Rebirth Edition".  I know the 1GHz Edition is more expensive and better so I ordered and paid full price for the 1GHz Edition.  Now that I saw these two markings and they make me wonder which version of the system I have.  Could you help clarify this?

Here's the image I took:

IMG-20130120-00107.jpg

The GHz Pandoras are actually part of the rebirthrun. Don't worry ;)

You can of course just clock it to 1000 MHz and play some pcsxrearmed. No cc or normal Rebirth model should be able to do this.

Go to 'cpu settings' - If it lets you go to opp5, then its a 600MHz model, if it only lets you go to opp4, its a 1GHz version

EDIT:

Please note: This is wrong - I probably read something rather too quickly at some point!

Sorry for any confusion caused.

Last edited by a moderator:
The GHz Pandoras are actually part of the rebirthrun. Don't worry ;)

You can of course just clock it to 1000 MHz and play some pcsxrearmed. No cc or normal Rebirth model should be able to do this.
Actually, about half of the 600 MHz Rebirth units can clock to 1000MHz (at OPP5) according to speeds reported in the cpu stress test thread, and under normal load, probably more of them can do that.

The 1GHz units should all be able to clock to 1150MHz though, while none of the 600MHz units should be able to reach that speed reliably.

The Rebirth Pandoras get only the black lable which says "Rebirth Edition".

The Giga Pandora get the blue 1GHz sticker.

If you upgrade your unit you'll keep your "First batch" or "Rebirth edition" sticker and get a 1GHz sticker.

Kumaki, 800 is not 1000 MHz and_wb_, pcsxrearmed uses a lot of neon, which will crash if you overclock too much.

I don't think any Rebirth unit can use the neon renderer at that speed.

Go to 'cpu settings' - If it lets you go to opp5, then its a 600MHz model, if it only lets you go to opp4, its a 1GHz version
Oh man!  Yes it lets me go to OPP5!  Damn!  Then Ithic.com in the USA charged me $699 for a 600MHz Model!  What can I do now?

Like EvilDragon mentioned, it will say the max OPP level is 5 but it isn't really. Binky is wrong.

If you can overclock to 1150Mhz without issues then you know you have a 1Ghz unit.. Both my Rebirth and CC unit can't overclock past 1040Mhz if that even..

Like EvilDragon mentioned, it will say the max OPP level is 5 but it isn't really.

If you can overclock to 1150Mhz without issues then you know you have a 1Ghz unit.. Both my Rebirth and CC unit can't overclock past 1040Mhz.
Well, it's a little relieve to hear this as I don't want to go through the hassle of returning/exchange the system.  But how come there is not definite indication to show if it is really a GHz edition or the Rebirth rather than trial and error by using overclocking?

Like EvilDragon mentioned, it will say the max OPP level is 5 but it isn't really.

If you can overclock to 1150Mhz without issues then you know you have a 1Ghz unit.. Both my Rebirth and CC unit can't overclock past 1040Mhz.
Well, it's a little relieve to hear this as I don't want to go through the hassle of returning/exchange the system.  But how come there is not definite indication to show if it is really a GHz edition or the Rebirth rather than trial and error by using overclocking?
There is. It is called "The little blue sticker" :D

Well try this, go to a terminal and type:

cat /proc/pandora/sys_mhz_max

if it reports back as 400 then it's a 1Ghz Model, if 332 it's a rebirth or classic unit.

This is the clock speed for the pll that controls the Memory and SGX speed.. from Notaz post on it..

Kumaki, 800 is not 1000 MHz and_wb_, pcsxrearmed uses a lot of neon, which will crash if you overclock too much.

Well, I have no trouble at 800 Mhz and OPP5, on my Rebirth, doing PCSXreARMed.

Of course, I'm not doing the whiz-bang, beat-em-up sorta of stuff, I like older-school games.  But, still...I have NO PROBLEMS playing PCSXreARMed on my Rebirth.  I always keep it clocked 800...even though 600 is the default setting.

800 is pretty safe on the Rebirth...I NEVER clock over 800...I don't want to overdo it and screw things up.

Well try this, go to a terminal and type:

cat /proc/pandora/sys_mhz_max

if it reports back as 400 then it's a 1Ghz Model, if 332 it's a rebirth or classic unit.
Yes I tested and 400 came back.  Yeah!  I'm happy now! :D    Thank you all very much for helping!!! This the best support I've ever seen!  Better than Dell and freaking Microsoft  :D

You could always download the SystemInfo one and check which OPP you are running when clocked at 1ghz or better. The "giga" Pandora should only be at OPP4 at most.

You could always download the SystemInfo one and check which OPP you are running when clocked at 1ghz or better. The "giga" Pandora should only be at OPP4 at most.
Ahh! You've just answered my other question.  Yes I was wondering why I have my Panda set to OPP5, but then when I looked at the SystemInfo, it only shows OPP4.  Thanks!

Well, I have no trouble at 800 Mhz and OPP5, on my Rebirth, doing PCSXreARMed.

Of course, I'm not doing the whiz-bang, beat-em-up sorta of stuff, I like older-school games.  But, still...I have NO PROBLEMS playing PCSXreARMed on my Rebirth.  I always keep it clocked 800...even though 600 is the default setting.

800 is pretty safe on the Rebirth...I NEVER clock over 800...I don't want to overdo it and screw things up.
You don't seem to read my posts...

I clearly said to overclock to 1 GHz, NOT 800 MHz and play pcsxrearmed!

Ah! So it lets you set it to opp5 even though the max is opp4? No wonder I was confused :rolleyes:

Back