[SOLVED] I think I might have broken my pandora :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burbruee

Website
Visit site
Short story: I had a big sneeze and spilled out a full cup of milk all over my desk. My pandora got some under its case, battery was fully discharged since a couple of days when the accident happened.

Thought it might have been okay since most got either under the case or on top of it, I've let it rest and dry out for 4-5 days now. Tried to charge it, didn't boot up. If I fully remove the battery and then put the charger in it starts, but as soon as I put in the battery it's lights out after 1-2 seconds. (the red light comes on briefly then everything dies)

So it works on wall power only right now, but not on battery.

Well good news is it's still working sort of, bad news I need a wall socket for it.

Could there be a chance that only the battery needs to be replaced? Anything I can do to troubleshoot to make sure if it's just the battery or the circuits in the pandora itself?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you charging via USB or the DC adapter?

I know putting in the battery while it's on the DC can be dangerous...

The few times I completely drained the battery I needed to keep it on the charger for a few hours even though it showed no red light.. After a while it finally had enough charge to boot up.

So try this: keep the battery out of the Pandora for 5 minutes, put the battery back in.. hitch it up to the DC charger and wait a few hours.. Hopefully the Battery can revive itself.

It can take a while for the battery to recharge and power on.

Keep it DC plugged with the battery, and wait.

It's not recommended to plug the battery in while the unit's plugged in.  What happens if you do I don't know - they just say don't do it.

As Linux-SWAT says above, plug it in (with the battery in place) and leave it for about half an hour.  If it's not booted up by then, unplug it, wait a bit and plug it back in and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back