[SOLVED] Key presses to move windows that are too large?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pengo

Hi everyone. I notice that there are some windows within XFCE that are too large to the point where other buttons become hidden from view (confirm buttons, close buttons, help buttons). I remember that there may be a combination of key presses that will allow for the window to be moved around but I cannot recall what they may be.

It works in a way that by pressing the key combination, you can move the window to see the hidden buttons by holding down the mouse anywhere within the window and dragging the pointer around. Does anyone know what the key combination for this function is? Thanks in advance! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same problems at first when trying to set up the wireless settings.

Hold the L shoulder button and press in the left direction on the right most joystick the cursor should change to 4 arrows.Then move the window around with the left joy stick. B)

Hope that helps!

I had the same problems at first when trying to set up the wireless settings.

Hold the L shoulder button and press in the left direction on the right most joystick the cursor should change to 4 arrows.Then move the window around with the left joy stick. B)

Hope that helps!

Just what I was looking for, thanks a bunch! B)

Doing it with keyboard only:

alt+F7 is the shortkey for moving windows, so

- press the fn-key

- press and hold the alt-key

- press f7 and release alt-key

- mouse-cursor will change to a cross made of four arrows

- use D-pad to move the window up/down/left/right

- press enter to apply position

Sounds complicated, but that's only because I described it in detail. I myself prefer this over using the nubs or touch-screen.

Doing it with keyboard only:

alt+F7 is the shortkey for moving windows, so

- press the fn-key

- press and hold the alt-key

- press f7 and release alt-key

- mouse-cursor will change to a cross made of four arrows

- use D-pad to move the window up/down/left/right

- press enter to apply position

Sounds complicated, but that's only because I described it in detail. I myself prefer this over using the nubs or touch-screen.

Works well and a bit of a dance for the fingers, but not complicated at all. :p

Thanks all for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back