[SOLVED] Led Backlight Turns Off Once I Enter X

Spirit

If I boot my Pandora I end up with a black screen. I was sitting in the sunlight when it happened though and noticed that I could see things if I let the sun shine directly onto the screen. The booting itself is normal, I can see everything, things are lit. But once the login screen comes up it is almost invisible. So I guess something turns off the LED backlight.

I managed to get the "LCD Settings" thing but if I try to use the brightness control it simply loops back to the selection. White text on black is unreadable as is xterm (too small).

This also happens if I boot from SD card ( with http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54290-up-to-date-firmware-tarball/ on it)!

I did not do anything fancy. It worked fine the yesterday. I did not change anything since then.

I guess the login screen is X while the loading bar is framebuffer, might be wrong though.

Any idea or fix?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does hitting Fn+I turn the backlight up? If so, turn it up to a comfortable level and shutdown the Pandora to have it save it in the configs. If you haven't done so already install Hotfix 2, it will keep it from happening again.

Yes! Thank you! I will sacrifice a goat in your name.
I accidentaly reflashed my NAND before and forgot to apply the hotfix. Could have sworn that I did apply it for the SD card OS though.

I had this problem just today, I already have Hotfix 2 installed, but same symptoms, thinking the system has locked I reset the system to see the bootup logo then the screen went black. I could just make out something there so I blindly logged in, Using Fn-I got the screen back. I then went into the LCD-Settings to find the brightness was set to 10 and I haven't changed it. Anyway I've set it back to 50 and we'll see what happens.

kool65 said:
I had this problem just today, I already have Hotfix 2 installed, but same symptoms, thinking the system has locked I reset the system to see the bootup logo then the screen went black. I could just make out something there so I blindly logged in, Using Fn-I got the screen back. I then went into the LCD-Settings to find the brightness was set to 10 and I haven't changed it. Anyway I've set it back to 50 and we'll see what happens.

Yes, it's been reported to occasionally still happen.
Will fix that with final HotFix 3

Last edited:
Back