[SOLVED] Pandora Lost Charge Overnight

^ I don't see in which way the idle process is related to scaling, though. I disabled the complete scaling and set the governor to performance on my N800. Idle still uses the same amount of power regardless if it's running at max or power saving mode.

That's the same point I'm trying to make though. Last I heard, scaling wasn't active in the Pandora kernel, so even if changing the CPU speed did make a difference, it shouldn't be making a difference right now whether the CPU is idle or not. That it is using less power means it must be doing something special during the idle process that results in lower power consumption, I just don't know what.

Tbh, I don't understand :p Whatever, I can't wait to see tsh's mp3 playing test results, exciting stuff :)

WizardStan said:
The idle process is still a process though, albeit one with a really low priority. It still does "stuff" whenever the CPU isn't doing anything else. See, a computer isn't like a brain: if part of your brain isn't active, it just isn't active. A CPU is constantly reading and executing instructions, even when "idle".
I don't think so. Remember all the excitement when the kernel went tickless, meaning it could suspend the CPU in the idle loop? (I have no idea if I'm making this up, but it sounds good)
ps: mp3 running again, was failing to find an app what would run long enough for the test to be conclusive!
Seems like 18 hours is what we get at the moment, @ 500 MHz

Last edited by a moderator:
Back