[solved] PCSX making dark candles in Castlevania: SOTN

diligentcircle

Website
onpon4.github.io
Title says it all. For some reason, I'm getting EXTREMELY dark candles in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, so dark that it's nearly impossible to see them. I've tried fiddling with the settings and deleting the AppData folder (causing me to lose my saved data... oops) with no success. I first saw the problem when PCSX was updated one time (r13 or r14, I think), so I also tried reverting to r12, and that had no effect. I've got r13 installed right now, with HF6 if that matters.

Anyone else experienced this, or any ideas what could be wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! That worked. I changed it to gpuPCSX4ALL.so and now the candles are displaying correctly.

EDIT: I should mention that the best for at least SOTN is gpuPEOPS.so, not gpuPCSX4ALL.so (the latter renders text pretty badly).

Last edited by a moderator:
If the default plugin is really rendering this incorrectly then I'd like more information to help me fix it. I can't really work with a savestate (notaz could) but some screenshots would be helpful. A reference to the original from a real PS1 would be helpful too.

Well, I'm pretty sure this is on a real console (it's from the AGVN Castlevania episode):

I'm not sure how to take actual screenshots on the Pandora, but here's a picture taken with my camera of what the candles look like with the default GPU plugin:

Back