[solved] Problem with SD cards

diligentcircle

Website
onpon4.github.io
I'm on HF5, in case that matters. I've never installed any new hotfixes at this point.

OK, so I seem to have 2 issues with SD cards. They don't tend to affect me very much, since I have 2 SD cards that I tend to keep in the slots all the time, but they're still issues:

First, and I'm guessing this is the fault of the PNDs, some programs don't seem to removed their temporary stuff from the NAND. The ones in particular I've noticed are PNDStore and gpFCE-GP2X (both from the Repo). This also seems to prevent the SD cards from being unmounted.

Second, and more annoyingly, if I insert an SD card while the Pandora is on, it doesn't seem to notice that an SD card was inserted. This means I have to restart the Pandora every time I want a different SD card in a given slot. This is even the case after I switch GUIs or choose "Rescan for applications" in the minimenu. It just acts like the slot is still empty.

Particularly concerning the latter, is this a known problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
the gpfce thing is a bug with ginge that it doesn't unmount as you close it with q, try closing from within the menu. As far as the sd cards are concerned, do you always unmount your cards before removing them

Some cards can be alittle thick for the slots.Also try pushing the card in to the slot a little more firmly as sometimes my second sd card slot requires me to do this for the card to register on the screen.

Some cards can be alittle thick for the slots.Also try pushing the card in to the slot a little more firmly as sometimes my second sd card slot requires me to do this for the card to register on the screen.

Well, pushing it harder worked, but it's really hard. Especially for the second one. I can still feel it in my thumbnail.

So, wait... there's a separate mechanism that has to be triggered before the Pandora OS even considers looking at an SD card slot? Isn't that kind of... well, unnecessary? This kind of thing would make a lot of people just give up and decide that the device is broken. I understand why it doesn't check for PNDs unless it detects you pressing it in, but why can't it check both SD slots when it checks for PNDs (including when you tell it to "rescan for applications") and other times it looks at things on the SD cards?

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, pushing it harder worked, but it's really hard. Especially for the second one. I can still feel it in my thumbnail.

So, wait... there's a separate mechanism that has to be triggered before the Pandora OS even considers looking at an SD card slot? Isn't that kind of... well, unnecessary? This kind of thing would make a lot of people just give up and decide that the device is broken. I understand why it doesn't check for PNDs unless it detects you pressing it in, but why can't it check both SD slots when it checks for PNDs (including when you tell it to "rescan for applications") and other times it looks at things on the SD cards?
well glad its working now.I think if you have for example emulators on 2 seperate cards they should all turn up in the emulator category in the menu.

Back