[Solved] USB/Wifi wont Toggle any more?

Kosmos

In normal user mode the USB and Wifi toggles stopped working. (OP is running SZ1.5 off of SD).

The nand version of SZ1.5 works fine so it is not physical.

Also, back on the SD version I can toggle them from root but not from normal user.

by using su

then typing

# /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -p "usr/pandora/apps/op_wifi.pnd" -e "op_wifi.sh" -b "op_wifi"

and

# /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -p "usr/pandora/apps/op_usbhost.pnd" -e "op_usbhost.sh" -b "op_usbhost"

I then have Wifi (connected to my network) and can mount USB sticks. And must run the same commands from root to disable them.

I can NOT run them from the taskbar-icon or from the CLI from a normal user though.

Any idea what may have changed?

The wifi command "looks" like it works when typed from a CLI of a normal user but no network connection.

The USB command typed from a normal user CLI gives 3 errors of pndrun_op_usbhost.out: Permission Denied

NOTE: (See final post). The problem appears to be caused by conflicting /pandora/appdata folders on multiple partitions used for backup. I moved the backup folder to a sub-folder.

So far it seems fixed!

Last edited by a moderator:
-r--r----- 1 root root 798 [date] /etc/sudoers

And the only active item in the file is this:

# User privilege specification

root ALL=(ALL) ALL

Permissions are correct

What about the /etc/sudoers.d/* ?

Also check inside /etc/group if you are in the wheel group.

Permissions are correct

What about the /etc/sudoers.d/* ?

Also check inside /etc/group if you are in the wheel group.

OK everything in /etc/sudoers.d comes out as

-r--r----- 1 root root [date] /etc/sudoers.d/[file]

BUT

/etc/group is this

-rw-r----- 1 root root [date] /etc/group

and here are a few important lines:

adm:x:4:kosmos

dialout:x:20:kosmos,root

netdev:x:64003:kosmos

wheel:x:1000:kosmos

kosmos:x:1001:

All seems ok.

I don't know if using the cli as user ever worked for these scripts.

I've always wondered why the pnd works, but not the script.

All seems ok.

I don't know if using the cli as user ever worked for these scripts.

I've always wondered why the pnd works, but not the script.

The pnds launched from system and from the taskbar stopped working over the weekend. cli from normal user never worked but the system menu and taskbar icons used to. NOW I can only start it manually from root and I dont know why either.

Looks like a full install is in order. Does not make sense. argh.

using the adduser? I could try that now.

ok I tried "menu/system/usermanager" and get caught in a loop where the dialogue box keeps asking for a user name every time I hit ok after entering a user name...

I used # adduser from a root cli and created a password. The /home/newuser is created but every time I try to log into the new user I get failed authentification.

I just realized that my other PanDebian problem is probably related.:

http://boards.openpa...n/page__st__200

This happened after upgrading to a new SD card. Somewhere-along-the-line: some permission must've gotten changed somewhere...

Maybe now is the time to upgrade to 1.52 (I was not ready for bleeding edge yet!) Especially when it now involves setting up PanDebian all over again ;-)

NOTE: Well, just using the SZ1.52 updater did not fix the permissions problem.

I updated the NAND to 1.52 using the updater and USB and wifi still work from a normal user.

Now to start 'the ugly' and do a full install on the SD.

Three more reinstalls of SZ 1.52 and it keeps happening. I am losing permissions andd can no longer toggle usb or wifi except by su to root..

I will keep doing reinstalls and slowly try to narrow it down. I have a backup of my old settings and they were fine until yesterday so that it can't be something major.

You may be right. I had a backup partition on the second card with a backup pandora directory. It seems that the matching directories on 2 cards/partitions were conflicting. Moving the backup partition data to a subdirectory on the partition seems to have solved the problem.

Back