Some Battery Questions

DaleSwanson

Still Fresh
Well I've been debating buying a GP2X for a while. My questions are:

1. Will I get much more life just using it as a MP3 player? I've seen about 4-5 hours given previously here, but most of them are for emulators/movies. I'm assuming that with no screen and less CPU should draw less power. Just assume I'll have 2500 mAh.

2. Where is a good place to buy high capacity batteries online? I usally go to Newegg, but they top out at 2500, I'd really like to get some 2800's. I searched quite a bit and was actually suprised to find a lack of stores selling anything over 2000.

3. Can anyone recomend a good charger + battery combo deal? I don't care so much about charge time, I'm fine with it going over night. I'm looking for as high mAh as possible, a 4 at once charger, and at least 4 batteries (hopefully for around 30 bucks).

Thank you for any help.

Yes, you could have more than 5 hours of mp3 listening with good batteries.
But don't except something like 10 hours !

Many batteries over 2500 are fake good batteries, made to be cheap and attractive.
But I found some 2800 on e-bay (Profitexx) and they're quite good (I took 8 of them, but as the seller was very late for the shipment they sent me 4 more.
Now I got 12 of them :) )

I got a very slow charger, very cheap and it's quite good except that it doesn't have a "discharge" (engrish?!) function.
But I try to have them fully empty by using them on my camera after the Gp2X use.

1. you should get 10-12 hours of mp3 playback with screen off, this may improve more with comeing firmwares.

2. 2600mah is the highest real rateing currently, i sugest some gp or ansmann batterys and a good slow charger.

3. cant give much advice there, just keep in mind that a good charger costs 60-100$ or even more.

About the only thing I'm about to contribute that I cannot be precise about is the time factor.

The batteries I use in my 2X are Rayovac 15 minute rechargables. They run me about $12.00 CAD for two AA 2300mAh.

As for time, what ever I say here, I would only be guessing.

All I can say for sure is that, with all that I do with my 2X throughout the day (OGG playback at the office and an hour or so of Sega Genesis in the evening) these batteries perform well for me. I put a fresh set in before I leave the house and they last me the day.

From Sam's Club, I got 8 Energizer 2500mah AA's and 4 800mah AAA's with a charger that will charge 4 batteries at a time for $25. The charger isn't very good; it works, but it only charges for 8 hours; it doesn't sense when the batteries are fully charged or anything.

Back