GP2X Some Gp2x Specific Questions..

Optimus

Website
optimus.untergrund.net
I am really wondering (because I am new in the GP2X) and maybe you could tell me:

1) Can the additional gfx copprocesor be used to run any code? Would it be benefficial for gfx code (to rasterize and send directly to the lcd)? I didn't knew it can be used this way. I guess there will be needed some low level programming for this one. Any docs?

2) I have to know in which clock speed my code runs. Actually, is there any source code or doc/tut out there for software overclocking? I searched around a bit but didn't found anything yet..

3) How am I sure that my arrays and variables are 32bit alligned? Should I have some switch in my makefile or compiler to be sure everything is alligned? I just want to be sure I am not making anything wrong and I don't want to loose speed for a switch that I might have forgotten.

Maybe I'll come back with few more questions..

p.s. I am using DevkitGP2X and SDL

I am really wondering (because I am new in the GP2X) and maybe you could tell me:

1) Can the additional gfx copprocesor be used to run any code? Would it be benefficial for gfx code (to rasterize and send directly to the lcd)? I didn't knew it can be used this way. I guess there will be needed some low level programming for this one. Any docs?

Very good thread about it:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=27433

You should find here anwers for rest your question too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back