GP2X First Time I See This Warning.

Daid

Website
Visit site

i:/devkitgp2x/devkitgp2x/bin/../sysroot/usr/lib\libm.a(e_expf.o): In function `__ieee754_expf':
: warning: warning: feholdexcept is not implemented and will always fail
i:/devkitgp2x/devkitgp2x/bin/../sysroot/usr/lib\libm.a(e_expf.o): In function `__ieee754_expf':
: warning: warning: fesetenv is not implemented and will always fail

I am getting these warnings in a project. I am trying out some stuff with the eSpeak library, which uses floating points, so I am not surprized if it is related to that.

Now, the code works without problems on my GP2x, but I am wondering where those warnings come from, and what could go wrong because of them. And if they don't pose any problems, any idea on how to 'disable' those warnings? (I rather have warningfree code)

For reference: eSpeak: http://espeak.sourceforge.net/

fesetenv is a call to alter the hardware floating point environment (rounding modes, exceptions etc.) Since the GP2X has no hardware floating point the function has no meaning so the warning is there to let you know that the results of floating point operations may not be what you expect.
As far as I'm aware you can't disable the warning. I think it's written into the header file - fenv.h, so you'd have to comment it out.

Back