Some More New Ds Info

C

codeninja

I've read some new info regarding DS lite including the manual that was submited to FCC.

The stylus for normal hand size that was shown with photos comes with the system; you stick it in the back sidewide, when you store it. (Yeah, I can finally hold it like a pen)

It comes with dust cover for GBA slot, which I will lose the second day I get it, more than likely.

The battery at the lowest brightness setting will last 15 hours!

It won't come with wrist strap. No more thumb strip.

The power button is on the side and you have to hold for a moment to turn the power off. (I love that feature in DS because I press the button by accident so many times in the middle of playing games)

codeninja posted on Feb 9 2006 at 12:38 PM said:
The power button is on the side and you have to hold for a moment to turn the power off. (I love that feature in DS because I press the button by accident so many times in the middle of playing games)
fun times in Animal Crossing

Last edited by a moderator:
DemonStar55 posted on Feb 9 2006 at 11:19 AM said:
codeninja posted on Feb 9 2006 at 12:38 PM said:
fun times in Animal Crossing
Heh, I shut it off on purpose when I got stuck in a conversation with the insurance salesman and promptly got a visit from Resetti. He was none too pleased.

1cm is an incredibly small amount, but im not liking it either.. I like leaving a gba game in my DS at all times, but i might opt not to if it sticks out. Oh well, ill have to wait until i see it in person.. still not a reason for me not to get the lite.

Fishbong posted on Feb 11 2006 at 07:00 AM said:
grahf posted on Feb 11 2006 at 06:24 AM said:
still not a reason for me not to get the lite.
Is having the original NDS a reason for not getting the lite then? :huh:

For most people yeah, but the original is just a bit too big for my liking.

Ravnos posted on Feb 11 2006 at 10:36 AM said:
firefly1201 posted on Feb 11 2006 at 02:27 AM said:
darkman posted on Feb 11 2006 at 08:52 AM said:
Here come some colors for the DS lite!

engadget

That blue one is just sick.
There are two blue ones.
The blue on the left looks black; I'm sure he meant the light aquamarine one on the right.

The blue on is sexeh. Can't wait for the Uk releaase be ace having a spare ds for when im away with the lads. Will also means my psp owning mates will have some games to play for once :p

i will be putting my psp up for auction next weekend, and then pre-ordering a light blue DS lite from liksang.

i was thinking of holding out to see if the firmware was flashable and homebrew would be a possibility. however, the downsizing means that a supercard would look utterly shite pertruding out of the DS, so i will learn to do without.

God Dammit! Not only are they going to make me suffer for buying a black DS when I could finally import one but they're going to make me wait AGAIN for a black model of the lite!! Now the trade in value will be even MORE shot to shit by the time I can actually justify exchanging it.

I'm happy with my original. Plus people like me with big hands don't really want something to squish their hands closer together.

Back