Some Questions

shade

Still Fresh
Hi just a few questions. These might not be able to be answered yet but here goes.

1) There have been several mentions that Pandora will be running linux with a desktop enviroment. I'm a bit of a n00b with linux. Would it be possible to broswe a network drive on my win XP machine using pandora's wirless ability?

2) Any idea what is going to come with the console? will a TV out cable come with it?

3) Will we be able to connect a USB keyboard and mouse to pandora.

Thanks for your time. Can't wait for this device. B)

shade said:
Hi just a few questions. These might not be able to be answered yet but here goes.

1) There have been several mentions that Pandora will be running linux with a desktop enviroment. I'm a bit of a n00b with linux. Would it be possible to broswe a network drive on my win XP machine using pandora's wirless ability?

2) Any idea what is going to come with the console? will a TV out cable come with it?

1. If the OS has this option, or if the devs create an app to make this possible, then yes..
2. At least an adapter, I don't know about TV-out
3. Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
gavie said:

1. Short answer yes. Longer answer: I think it is highly likely that you will be able to install samba - which is the most popular way in linux of mounting network drives on windows PCs. I don't know if it will be installed by default - but it will definitely be possible and should be pretty easy to achieve.
2. Don't know
3. Yes (but then you already got that answer.

thanks for the answer guys. Really should spend some more time with linux.

shade said:

I am sure that it will be possible, and someone will have it working as soon as possible (I hope it comes with an option in the OS)

I think the devs have said that the intention is to have it come with whatever is necessary for TV out, and a charging adaptor.

There will be a full power (500mah) standard USB port on the unit (no adapter necessary).

No problem. Me too :D.

Try the Wiki for most of the information available:

http://pandora.bluwiki.org/

Or the homepage of Pandora:

http://openpandora.org/ (not really updated just yet, but it has been getting better.)

Back