Some Silly Questions

rael_thing

Still Fresh
Got my new GP2x last week. Just got myself a new 2gb scandisk memory card. However, I can't get any further with it. I have put the memory card in the gp2x connected it to my laptop via the usb cable and all I have on the gp2x screen is a sign telling me it is usb connected. Moreover, my laptop does not appear to recognise the gp2x at all as bein connected..

I guess I am probably missing something here but for the life of me I can't make out what that may be.

rael_thing said:
Got my new GP2x last week. Just got myself a new 2gb scandisk memory card. However, I can't get any further with it. I have put the memory card in the gp2x connected it to my laptop via the usb cable and all I have on the gp2x screen is a sign telling me it is usb connected. Moreover, my laptop does not appear to recognise the gp2x at all as bein connected..

I guess I am probably missing something here but for the life of me I can't make out what that may be.
Buy a card reader. Seriously, they're 3 quid, and are a) much faster than the F200 card reader B) save batteries c) well, they're cheap, why not? ;-)

Does a drive not appear at all ? Have you tried using a bootable linux cd ? I know "linux" is a swear word amongst windows users, but honestly, it's not as bad as you've been told ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Once the gp2x is connected it will show you removable disk icon which you click on, where all the folders will be.

I know you already done that does the gp2x show removable disk.
Usually when this happens when windows xp is not genuine version, is your windows xp a copy version.

My copy of xp is genuine. No removable disk icon is showing. There is just a screen on the gp2x telling me it is connected via usb. Btw I have downlaoded a game on to the memory card using a card reader and it has played in the gp2x fine.

rael_thing said:
Btw I have downlaoded a game on to the memory card using a card reader and it has played in the gp2x fine.
Problem solved, then! ;)

Seriously, using a reader is faster than using the GP2X, even after you factor in having to pop out your card and stick in in the reader to load stuff on it, especially for larger files like movies or Playstation, Sega CD, or PC Engine CD .iso/.bin files.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back