Sonic 1 In Picodrive

Hi, whenever I run Sonic 1, Vectorman, or Vectorman 2 I have this slow up in sound. All the other games are fine, but the sound on those games is pretty slow. Any advice for settings etc. would be great.

Thanks!

edit: Gameplay is a bit sluggish too.

Are you forcing PAL mode? look at the settings and set region to USA, and use NTSC ROMs.

Unfortunately many games of this era were poorly ported to the PAL region and the simply let the game run lower instead of adjusting timing and sound.

splitz posted on Mar 6 2007 at 10:40 PM said:
I'm using .964, but I'm going to check the roms.

Use DrMD for Sonic :) I've noticed the same problem as you when running Sonic via Picodrive, even if you force the game to be NTSC mode it still feels very sluggish when jumping. There must be some sort of timing issue in the emulation which causes the delays, DrMD does not have this problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Versions 1.14 and up have country autodetection order configurable, so you can set first country to US and it should run all games as you want.

Reesy posted on Mar 7 2007 at 09:39 AM said:
I've noticed the same problem as you when running Sonic via Picodrive, even if you force the game to be NTSC mode it still feels very sluggish when jumping.
You probably haven't reloaded the ROM and it was still running in PAL mode (reset is sometimes not enough).

Thanks guys, changing the region to USA works excellent, but on the sonic games, the chime noise from rings is a bit sketchy. This is no prob really, but is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks, you guys have been really helpful.

splitz posted on Mar 7 2007 at 05:22 PM said:
Thanks guys, changing the region to USA works excellent, but on the sonic games, the chime noise from rings is a bit sketchy. This is no prob really, but is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks, you guys have been really helpful.

Cahnge the sample rate of the sound to 44100 (Stereo if you like, but I personally set it to mono)

Back