Sony Android Gaming Phone Benchmarked!

hosant

ps-phone-benchmark-rm-eng.jpg

"e were just sent a new video of the device in action, only now it's running Qualcomm's Neocore benchmark app. As you can see, the device managed 24.4 frames per second on average. That doesn't seem like much -- our Nexus S, for example, just pulled off 55.6fps -- but bear in mind, this isn't the final software (or hardware probably), so there's no conclusions at all to draw from this benchmark right now."

Lets see how this evolve. But a bit of bad news I guess.

Source.

that's about in line with the nexus one running 2.1 & the G1. Both of which are running off just raw CPU horsepower and no GPU or not fully implemented GPU.

I'm guessing it's like you said, not optimized or non final hardware. I can't see them releasing a android phone that late in the game with last gen specs. But even if they did, the nexus one was no slouch at gaming. There's just better options out there currently.

Maybe Sony is doing the Nintendo thing now: Incredibly fun and addicting games on low specs
Rather than what they usually do: Visually stunning games on high specs but without much replay value.

second exodous said:
Maybe Sony is doing the Nintendo thing now: Incredibly fun and addicting games on low specs
Rather than what they usually do: Visually stunning games on high specs but without much replay value.
My prediction is that they won't (in their minds) let themselves be outdone by the homebrew community and common programmers like others before them. They are a huge name in gameing and have a reputation to uphold. If they hit the market with some causual gamming nonsense they will have lost an entire fanbase me thinks. EA hit the android market with just straight up garbage apps and charged an arm and a leg for them and they literally just got laughed at.... they were one of the main reasons people point to android and say "sucks for gaming"

It's taken alot to reverse that viewpoint as much as they have, but it's slowly going in that direction. If sony fucks this up... and puts that stigma back on android... so help me god I'm going to find out who made that decision and send them a pipe bomb.

I REALLY want this to be successful, for sony's sake, for android's sake... hell just for gamers in general.... I want this to be really revolutionary. Sony will turn my view of them completely around as I'm sure alot of others, as long as they release their own little android playstation store with quality top shelf games, not lock it down to one particular device. It doesn't have to be alot of games, just enough to spark the interest in the other big names in gaming development... just to see what could be possible. They will have done what other gaming companies have not. Combined mainstream gaming that doesn't suck with a mobile phone. Ngage sidetalking jokes aside, this could be a serious step forward in a lot of ways.

agian... as long as sony doesn't fuck it up... I will keep the faith

Last edited by a moderator:
I think ditching PSP is a step in the right direction, it has never been number one in it's market and has been quite a bit below number one. Also, I've always though why the heck don't Nintendo and Sony(game wise) get into the cell phone market? Apple has been eating into the handheld gaming marketing for quite a while now, maybe they are even number one I don't know anymore. Also this could potentially help Android's position in the game market like you said.

It will be interesting. However; for quite a while now it has not been the fastest or most powerful gadget that is number one, that went out with the 90's, now it is more about the actual games.

Back