SONY PlayStation Vita (PS Vita)

Sony already has plenty of my hard earned, well, earned dollars, I'm committed! Besides, it wasn't exactly Sony's fault, people decided to attack them, the same thing could have happened to anyone else, would you pass the same judgement on MS or Nintendo? (Considering Nintendo recently had a breach of their own).

would you pass the same judgement on MS or Nintendo? (Considering Nintendo recently had a breach of their own).
Yes, yes I would, but consider the differences. Nintendo had a breach, and the next day they said "hey guys, here's what happened."

How long was it after Sony was hacked that they even admitted that there was an issue? And how long after that did they wait before coming clean that actual user data had been compromised? Not to mention the reveal that they were storing secure data in plaintext: database encryption is so unbelievably easy these days there is no excuse not to use it. Passwords at the very least shouldn't be recoverable at all, ever. That's a problem that was solved decades ago.

If Nintendo is ever compromised, doesn't own up to it right away, or it is revealed they aren't taking the simplest of precautions with the user data, then yeah, I'm going to be a little miffed, probably moreso than with Sony since Nintendo actually has some of my data.

Sony already has plenty of my hard earned, well, earned dollars, I'm committed! Besides, it wasn't exactly Sony's fault, people decided to attack them, the same thing could have happened to anyone else, would you pass the same judgement on MS or Nintendo? (Considering Nintendo recently had a breach of their own).

I was not refering to the attack they had... rather to what triggered theses major attacks

and I don't need to see it in store, i am sure it might be a good console, but i'll never get it no matter what

Last edited by a moderator:
That's fair enough, I'm not put off by anything that's happened, it's just another in a long line of crap happening all over the internet, the fact that Sony didn't announce it right away wasn't exactly fantastic on their part but crap happens, moving swiftly on.

I'm still happy with Sony, I was pissed off that everything was down for so long but, it was during a time when I was hardly using it anyway.

Ah well, different opinions, that's mine at least, the Vita is much more appealing to me still than the WiiU, but that's me, I just happen to love WipEout :)

0_0 No LEDS?! That's just sinful. Think PS2 compat is back?

More of a shame at the lack of PS2 Support, I'd happily pay extra for that,, I won't pretend to know how much the EE cost to put in, for the emulated version or the hardware.

On a related, and wishful note, it'd be nice to see PS2 'classics' come to the Vita or something, but again same problem I suppose.

Just gonna have to live with the HD remakes and what not. (or the original games).

Every single PS Vita game can also be downloadable via the PS Store.

Every game released for Sony's impressive new handheld gaming system, the PlayStation Vita, will be downloadable in the PlayStation Store, Sony's incoming head of European operations, Jim Ryan, confirmed today during a PlayStation press conference in Germany.

Some Vita games will be available in regular stores, of course, offered on the Vita memory cards.

psvita_generic.jpg

Also...

RAM hasn't been cut in half, because the specs for the handheld list it as having 512MBs of RAM as well as 128MBs of dedicated VRAM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back