Sound problems with my Pandora

litphoenix

Still Fresh
I mentioned this in a previous topic, but since this seems different than the issue on that topic, I have created another.

The sound problem that I'm getting is that, almost randomly at times, the sound fade out almost completely, but can be barely heard if on full blast. Now, pressing down on the pandora, usually somewhere between the left nub and the w & e keys, restores the beautiful sound in its full glory. And I can say without a doubt that it is not the vga cable, since this problem also exists when listening to the pandora though a set of headphones though the headphone jack, though when it does happen and I have the headphones on, there is quite a bit of static in addition to sounding cloudy and distant.

I made a very short youtube video of this issue in action (with my junk mail account, and it is my first youtube video so if it is exceedingly poor, that is why). It starts out with the sound being very soft, despite the pandora volume control is at full blast, and that is apparent as soon as I push down on the pandora with one finger (and to prove it, I lowered the volume control all the way down and back up once the correct sound was restored.)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/N73wZpyM_T0?feature=oembed

If anyone has any idea what is going on or how exactly to fix it, please tell me... I can use a hero now

Yes, that's installed already sony. I don't believe it is software related at all. I used the mp3 as an example, but it goes across all applications and emulators.

Could be the volume wheel badly soldered.

I had to fix a few of them and found some who had a weak solder joint.

I'll try looking at those connections tonight. I tried taking a picture of my board the other night, but since my camera is a cheap point and shoot camera and apparently the auto focus doesn't work on closeup objects (go figure).

Hopefully it is something that simple, because I really don't want to RMA and be without my Pandora now that I have it after over two years of waiting.

Back