Spokoban Demo

spookyln

Website
www.tbs-software.com
hi all,
first of all sorry for my english. its not my native.
i released demo from my quick game named Spokoban.
Yes its another logical block game inspired Sokoban and Pixelus on PalmOS.
Its my first game written in python and pygame for gp2x.
You need python installed in root of SD card. I use Python 2.4.2 instead of TheOddbots version.
this working >> python

download from here My Webpage

Hey Spooky2x!

Good to see more new developers on the scene.. I'll check this out a soon as I get my GP2X back. :)

Any chance of posting a couple of screen shots in the meantime?

Hehe, I made that build of Python, it was only after I uploaded it that I realized how I screwed it up. For example, many files are dupes and I didn't know about Python's module compression feature. You might be better off with TheOddBot's version or the one included with RetrovirusRTS.

I have plans to make a much better build, but that can only happen after I get a nice dev environment together.

Blah posted on Feb 2 2007 at 07:09 AM said:
Hehe, I made that build of Python, it was only after I uploaded it that I realized how I screwed it up. For example, many files are dupes and I didn't know about Python's module compression feature. You might be better off with TheOddBot's version or the one included with RetrovirusRTS.

I have plans to make a much better build, but that can only happen after I get a nice dev environment together.

It's great to see more python games being developed - pygame is a great development environment, even if it is a little bit slow on the gp2x. My only gripe is that you can't do a full screen update at 30 fps - which to me would open up a lot of opportunities for cool games. If I knew more about optimising for hardware I'd definitely try an optimised python/pygame. The python I use in retrovirus RTS is theOddBot's (beta2 I recall).

Anyway, congrats on your first game - hope there's more to come!

Luke

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you all for comments.
this version of python and pygame was first what i found , then i using it.
i use python long time ago but not for game develop.
ok i try others versions too and give report .
But one question.
Is HW blit really supported in any version ?
any special API for it ?
thnx

Back