Sporty Sporting Sports Thread

Congratulations to the Cubs on their 21-0 beatdown of the Pirates. It’s like they’re playing football out there.

At this point in the baseball season, I think it’s safe to say the Cubs are who we thought they were. Seriously, no playoffs this year.

The Atlanta Braves have won fourteen games in a row. The Chicago Cubs have lost ten games in a row. And now today they meet to answer the ultimate question: What happens when an unstoppable force meets an incredibly flimsy object?

Well, the MLB trade deadline is coming up, and since the Cubs aren’t a playoff contender, they’ll be looking to trade their best guys for some prospects. Sources say Willson Contreras and Ian Happ are getting ready to say goodbye. :( *sniff*

Good news. Ian Happ and Willson Contreras are staying with the Cubs this season. Nobody made the Cubs a good enough offer for them.

According to FiveThirtyEight, the Carolina Panthers are now the least likely team to make the NFL playoffs. Our QB hurt his ankle in yesterday’s loss too, and is getting it examined today. You’d think I’d be excited at the prospect of having the top pick in next year’s draft, but our current QB was the top pick in his draft too.

Max Verstappen has finally won the F1 drivers championship, but only found out about it on the podium after the race. And this time round there were no shenanigans against his win, other than Mercedes being surprisingly crap this year and Red Bull being surprisingly excellent both in terms of the car and in terms of race strategy.

I was just thinking, Jay-Z is a Yankees fan, but Beyoncé is an Astros fan. Things must be pretty tense in that household with those two teams set to square off in the American League Championship Series. At least they can both get behind the same team in the World Series.

There’s going to be an NFL game played in Munich this Sunday. If anyone here goes, remember that you are to root for the Seahawks and not the Buccaneers, because rooting for Tom Brady is bad, mm’kay?

Back