GP2X Spout 0.3

no_skill posted on Dec 5 2005 at 06:09 PM said:
Not without not being true to the original.

keep it as it is. I think the black and white look makes the game quite stylish. thanks for this one

Last edited by a moderator:
no_skill posted on Dec 5 2005 at 06:09 PM said:
Not without not being true to the original.

Could you release the source then? B)

RiX0R posted on Dec 5 2005 at 04:43 PM said:
Great game!

But couldn't you add some color? It looks so dull right now...

You mean like this?

spoutdx.gif

I had the idea for a "Spout DX" a while ago. You could add an option to turn off the time limit too for a different game variation. This way you could just see how far you can get without crashing. Plus you could make it full screen etc like shown. I have the particles comming out of the wrong end of the ship but that can be fixed.

please DONT add color, the beauty of spout is in the subilty!!!

no_skill thanks so much for porting this, i love abstract shooters ... are you planning on hitting any of the other abstract SDL shooters? i know there were a few tried for the gp32 but it was generally too slow.

anyway, in any case, spout is great, stuck on my smc, thanks much!!! :wub:

Spout of the GP2X is currently a bit slower than on your PC. Synkro told me something about SDL on the GP2X having timer problems.

the speed in general doesn't seem that bad to me ... it's responsive at least ... those timer issues sound like the culprit.

i don't know how difficult it would be to add but i think it would be awesome if some white noise was played whenever you were "spouting" ... a friend at work tried the game and was immediately making the noises with his mouth =)

again, awesome port, favorite thing on my gp2x right now! it's just addicting ...

Back