Spout

nickspoon

vultum stultum habes
Website
Visit site
Spout is an abstract shooter, ported from the PC version by no_skill.

== Gameplay ==

Where do I start? I could play this game for hours. It's such a brilliant yet simple concept. You're a square ship. You're flying at grey stuff. You have no bullets, lasers or any form of projectile weaponry to destroy it with. So what do you do? Use your exhaust fumes! Turn the ship around, and down goes the grey stuff. Of course, you run into a little problem when doing this: you're going the wrong way, i.e. towards the bottom of the screen, and if you hit it, you're dead.

Gameplay - 10/10: Amazingly addictive, simple and fun.

== Graphics ==

Matches the gameplay. Simple, not colourful at all. Screenshot says it all:

gpspout.gif

Courtesy of archive.gp2x.de :)

Graphics - 9/10: Simple yet effective.

== Sound ==

None.

Overall - 9.5/10
Recommended

It is honestly one of the only games I play continuously besides DrMD emu's.

Very addictive.

I am going through the homebrew games right now and just had to comment about this one. The gameplay is very unique in concept to me. Very addicting and fun. Only wish that it had some background music. That would give it a professional touch. :)

craigix posted on Aug 28 2006 at 01:53 AM said:
Yep, i love it too great discovery - 1100 is my top score, that level looks impossible - it is almost 100% solid.
Quite additive, I reached a high-score of 2811 (height 521). :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix posted on Sep 1 2006 at 02:33 PM said:
oops i meant 1100 height.
bloody hell craig, you must have been playing for hours! :) I've had this on my SD since it appeared and I can't get past about 500!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah i have played it quite a lot, but once you figure out the circle technique you can just go on pretty much until the game becomes impossible (which is around 1000 height)

I keep thinking maybe the level after goes back to the start, but i've never seen the 'line' yet on it as it is almost 100% solid.

Hey I use the circle technique, too! Though I never made it past like 200 height :( (I don't like the game enough to play it regularly).

That's really funny, I know exactly what you mean by the 'circle technique'! I managed to scrape 700 earlier on. I think the most addictive part of the game is that from dying, you just have to press any button twice and you're back playing again! No menus, no options, no intros, just straight on with the game...

Back