Spring Rts

Does it seem like it could be ported to Pandora?

• Total voters

DdlyArcher

Still Fresh
Has anybody looked at SpringRTS?

It is a RTS engine that has a few games for it. The graphics in it seem to be scalable there is available on Linux and Windows it uses OpenGL. They claim on the 0.80.5 release that they have joystick support so that has been taken care of. I don't think that it will be able to run on stock speeds on the Pandora but with some overclocking do you think that it will be able to run on it?

Yes, it's been discussed before. I found about 4 threads mentioning it by just searching the forums for "spring rts". It would probably take a decent amount of work and optimization, and even then games that were too graphically demanding would still be problematic.

Do we have the guts to run it though? I'd precipitate my under garments if we had something that resembled good-old TA.

I'm guessing the GL to GLES is the major hurdle.

Edit: Even if a Pandora port doesn't have the muscle to run every project made for it, it would still be an interesting and useful tool in the development arsenal.

It does look pretty sweet although I'm no good at playing this type of game. Why use a poll? If you'd of searched you would of found your answer or even just asked the question.

Back