Release Sputnik

fahrstuhl

Hi,

I've made a PND of Sputnik, a wiki written in Lua. It uses git (included in the PND) as a storage backend which I hope to be very cool to synchronize with across devices.

Just run the app and point your favorite browser at localhost:8080 or edit the files in the wiki-data directory directly using your favorite editor, markdown and git.

I've found sputnik to be a lot faster than moinmoin on the Pandora and hope it can replace moinmoin as my personal wiki.

I hope somebody else might find this app useful.

Fahrstuhl

@ Synchronization: If you run sputnik on other machines than the Pandora, I think you need to copy the TOKEN_SALT and PASSWORD_SALT values from pandora/appdata/sputnik/sputnik.ws to the sputnik.ws on the other machine. I haven't tried it without doing so yet because it made more sense to me to copy it.

sputnik.pnd

Attachments

• sputnik.pnd
    1.9 MB · Views: 128
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, just thought I'd ask what is a "personal wiki" and what do you use it for? Cheers!

Are there any prequisitions one has to take before running it ?

• I can't save the changes I made to the frontpage ("Sputnik ran but failed due to an unexpected error") only preview them
  • I'm unable to create an account - clicking on register shows an overlay that contains the text of the main site

It ran fine for me, I thought I took care of everything.

That overlay thing happens to me, too, but only sometimes for some browsers. Go to localhost:8080/sputnik/register and localhost:8080/sputnik/login

Maybe I should edit the sputnik/navigation page and add links to both there.

Can you save changes on other pages? Start sputnik, open /mnt/utmp/sputnik/sputnik.ws in your favorite editor, add

Code:
SHOW_STACK_TRACE = true,
above the } (and don't forget the , at the end)

You could also open /mnt/utmp/sputnik/scripts/sputnik.sh and change the line

Code:
exec /usr/bin/terminal --disable-server --hide-menubar --title="Sputnik on localhost:8080" -e "sputnik start-xavante" $*
to

Code:
exec /usr/bin/terminal --disable-server --hide-menubar --title="Sputnik on localhost:8080" $*

If you start sputnik now you're left with a terminal in the folder /mnt/utmp/sputnik. You could check the permissions on the folders with "ls -al wiki-data" (wiki-data/.git needs to be writeable for everybody. It should be setup like this at first start but maybe it didn't work.) You could also "cd wiki-data" and run "git log" to see if git and the git storage backend work like they should. After you registered a new account it should show something like

Code:
commit 82a3d741fc72bae88ed5de39867f02e3880a862b

Author: admin <admin@sputnik>

Date:   Sun Sep 16 15:36:24 2012 +0200

Added new user: admin

---extra-fields-------------------------

minor="yes"

as the first entry.

Edit: Ah, I've just tried it on my FAT formatted partition on my SD card and it doesn't work as it should. Looking into it right now.

Edit2: It seems git doesn't work on FAT filesystems because they don't support symlinks. Reading the git manpages now.

Edit3: Git does work on FAT and takes care of the respective configuration by itself. The script in my PND isn't able to create folders, though oO"

Edit4: Git has permission problems on FAT on the Pandora, I don't know why. Committing always fails with "error: unable to set permission to 'file'" although core.filemode=false , core.symlinks=false and core.ignorecase=true are set in the config.

Edit5: It seems to have those problems only some times... Executing the same command often enough makes git work in the end oO

Last edited by a moderator:
Back