Squidgesnes .38 - A Garbled Screen Mess

xphyle

Still Fresh
Just downloaded the newest version of SquidgeSnes .38. I've never used another version of SquidgeSnes. Anyway, after unpacking it onto my SD card and running it, I can get to the main menu, but as soon as I try to load a rom, ANY ROM, and push the button to load the rom, the screen reverts to a garbled mess of color/pixels. Even if I try to exit the program without loading a rom, I get the same garbled mess and have to hard reboot.

I've used Snesgp2x with no problems. Furthermore, I've got pcengine, genesis, mame, neogeo and other emulators running no problem. I also have FRESH BATTERIES in this badboy.

Can anyone tell me what might be the problem? I'm running FW 2.0. I understand SQnes .38 is the best snes emu out there and I want to try to get it to run if possible.

Thanks!

Xphyle

OH - BTW. My directory structure looks like this:

Root\emus\snes\

then in the snes folder I have: a roms folder, a skin folder, and a squidgesnes.gpe file.

I've been told you should first enter the settings screen, and save the settings (with or without changing them).

gaterooze posted on Oct 19 2006 at 07:05 PM said:
I've been told you should first enter the settings screen, and save the settings (with or without changing them).

OMG. That did it. I feel like such an idiot. Geez. How the heck would one know to do that though? Thanks so much for the advice. I really appreciate it.

Xphyle

Last edited by a moderator:
Back