I've got a MK2 GP2x running Firmware 2.0.0, here is my script

#!/bin/sh

/mnt/sd/cpu_speed.gpe 1 0 280 1.0
cd /mnt/sd/Games/snes/
./squidgesnes.gpe
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

I've got cpu_speed.gpe by itself in the root of my sd card and squidgesnes.gpe in the folder; Games/snes, yet when I play Squidgesnes (0.37c) I find no difference what so ever, I've searched the board and tryed everything so what am I doing wrong?

#!/bin/sh

/mnt/sd/cpu_speed 1 0 260 1.0
cd /mnt/sd/squidgesnes/
./squidgesnesa.gpe
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

...You need to rename cpu_speed.gpe to simply "cpu_speed"......both in the script and the actual program.

;)

A combo of EvilDragons and my *nix experiene and my will to destroy my RAM ;-) And this one WILL work. I use it myself on my MKI (Be careful with your MKII, try those RAM settings carefully before you use them

#!/bin/sh
./cpu_speed.gpe --upll --timing 1 --cpuclk 280 --trc 7 --tras 4 --twr 1 --tmrd 1 --trfc 1 --trp 2 --trcd 2
sync
cd snes
./squidgesnes.gpe
cd /usr/gp2x/
exec ./gp2xmenu --boot --disable-autorun

Renaming it makes no difference really, I use cpu_speed.gpe and it works fine, granted I never tried SquidgeSNES, only Quake.

- Alex

Also, don't forget there are two versions of cpu_speed. One that takes parameters like "1 0 260 1.0" and another that takes parameters like "--upll --timing 1 --cpuclk 280". Make sure your using the right command line for the right version!

no .. that's not the problem, because the new version has a fallback if someone uses the old commandline-arguments. Both "styles" should work.

As i stated in another tread:

Try to pipe the output of cpu_speed to a file. This should look like this:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

/mnt/sd/cpu_speed.gpe 1 0 280 1.0 >> output.txt
cd /mnt/sd/Games/snes/
./squidgesnes.gpe
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

If there's no output.txt after you run the script or the file is empty, there's an error.
For your script, the output.txt file should contain this text:
Code:
No file found
...set to UPLL-Clockgen...
set Timing-Prescaler = 0
set CPU-Frequency = 280MHz
set gamma = 1.000000

If you can't get it to work with a script, you could also try to run squidgesnes by using the cpu_speed-configfile ... look at the readme of tweaker 2.0 for mor information.

For the record: You don't have to set the gamma-setting :)

If you tried all this for like 3 hours you should stick to using GMenu2x from which you can very easily select overlock options for every program, including squidgesnes. Thata be the easy way.

Thank you very much everyone, i finally got it to work via the config file.. but now after all this my batterys are dead haha..

Back