Ssf On The Pandora

garethofthedead

Still Fresh
Could the saturn emulation SSF what runs most games at full speed be ported to the pandora?

Here the specs for it.
S Windows2000/XP/XP 64Bit Edition
Windows Vista (both 32 and 64bit versions) should also work.
If you experience problems under Vista, make sure your drivers are up to date.
CPU A cpu which has a FPU (Floating Point Unit), supports the TSC (Time Stamp Counter),
and supports MMX, SSE and SSE2 instruction sets.

Practically, this means any Pentium 4 or Athlon 64, or above.
Athlon XP does not have SSE2 instructions and will not run.
RAM 256MB or above
Video card A videocard compatible with DirectX9.0c, capable of drawing
textures at the size of 1024x512 and 1024x1024.
This includes any modern videocard or onboard video device.
Sound A soundcard compatible with DirectX9.0c, and is capable of
playing back Stereo PCM streams at 44100Hz sampling rate.
Basically any soundcard or onboard audio device.

It's more probable we'll see fullspeed Dreamcast-emulation than any playable Saturn-emulation (>15fps) on the Pandora.

john4p said:
It's more probable we'll see fullspeed Dreamcast-emulation than any playable Saturn-emulation (>15fps) on the Pandora.

I'm excited about Dreamcast emulation, I really am. Daytona on this device would be totally awesome!

Alas Pandora Dreamcast will not run CE games, hence Sega Rally is out of the question. And Sega never tarted up and released NiGHTS for the Dreamcast. Hence I would be really interested in seeing if anybody ever does attempt Saturn emulation. There's a Saturn emulator for the Wii, which I haven't tried yet, but that apparently only gets 5-10fps and hasn't been updated in ages :(

Incidentally, I made the mistake of buying NiGHTS for the Wii, hoping to relive those happy Saturn days.... After 30 minutes of playing it (20 of which were forced dialog scenes - one of my pet hates in ANY game, especially a sequel to one of the worlds greatest 'pick-me-up-and-play-me's), I nearly cried. One of the worst sequels I have ever witnessed.

Opps I'm rambling!

I think Satourne is the best we could hope for. And playable speeds are not likely :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Yabause is more likely. Though as pleng said, playable speeds are unlikely. I'd love to see it though, Shining Force III & Panzer Dragoon Saga are two of my favourite games(or 4 if you count all 3 scenarios of SF3).

Back