Star Ocean SNES Rom

TAStarCat

Still Fresh
First problem, Chrono Trigger, and any other ROM for that matter runs extremely EXTREMELY slow. Even turning off the volume and turning the frame skip up to max it's still utterly slow. I heard people mention something about overclocking your GP32, this would speed up these roms right? How would I do this?
Also, I hope future point releases of Snes9xGP improve on speed.

Also, I tried to get the Star Ocean ROM to work, and it loads like it's ready to play, but I sit there with a black screen forever. :/ Any help? Also, anyone else know of any ROM places with harder to find ROMS?

you sound unthankful...

1. You cannot overclock the emulator unless you edit the source code yourself(there is documentation and seems fairly easier to modify) and compile -- thus you could have your own overclocked snes9x which can damage your gp32.

2. The Star Ocean ROM needs patching with a graphic packages which can be found on the net - it may also need translating as well(if required) with an .ips patch also it will not run under snes9x -- only the latest version of zsnes - I've played it so it does work

You definitely do not want to overclock the Gp32 because after time you will ruin it.

you found chrono trigger O_O *shocked look*

roms are illegal and are not endorsed unless you own the game! ^_^ [/legalstuff]

i thought that the SNES emu ran slow for most games?

Ive found that SNES is alot faster the Snes9xGP even with the sound turned off ;) but still too slow to be playable.

Only a few games run at near full speed with SNES but without the sound its no fun :( id wait til sound is added which (i hope) will be in the next version.

As overclocking ur GP goes i seriously wouldnt recommend it as it can fry ur LCD

Hope this helps

Doss

Chrono Trigger was easy to find, it was Star Ocean that was a pain. :/ And I already modified Star Ocean rom with the Graphics pack. I don't need a translation pack.

Back