Started using Replicant and they have an entire open sourced Repo

What does this have to do with the Pandora?

EDIT: I take it this is Android related.. I'll move it to the appropriate section.

Last edited by a moderator:
Noo sorry I can't edit my post.

It was supposed to say underneath

They have an entire repo of open source software. They have PPSSPP and N64 in their repo. Would it be possible to port some of their apps?

Noo sorry I can't edit my post. It was supposed to say underneath They have an entire repo of open source software. They have PPSSPP and N64 in their repo. Would it be possible to port some of their apps?
PPSSPP & N64 (I assume Muppen64plus) are already ported. Which application was interesting you?

f-droid is just a catalog. They don't have a "their apps", it's a collected list of FOSS applications. If there's anything specific in the list you would like ported you should simply ask for that.

Everything there is FOSS software ported to Android.. Not native ARM based Linux..

It's kind of like google play store.. just a place to download Android apk files.

It can be used with our Gingerbread Android PND.

Everything there is FOSS software ported to Android.. Not native ARM based Linux..

It's kind of like google play store.. just a place to download Android apk files.
If the stuff is open source, it must be possible to obtain the source from any apk you download. That's not like the google play store, I assume.

Oh man having Apollo (music player) would be amazing.

That is the best damned music player you ever will find.

As well as Open street maps application? It let's you download it for offline use. So useful.

Theres a few other cool pieces of kit..APG for encrypting stuff.

Maps and Apollo would do me if nothing else.

Whoever does it gets a small amount of bit coins

Interesting place to look for possible ports...but not so easy ports.

As example take a look at this game https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=com.zagayevskiy.pacman

is a pacman remake for android and the source are available at https://github.com/zagayevskiy/Pacman

In theory this is an easy game to port..but from the readme is says that need

Android NDK(C++) + OpenGL ES 2.0 + OpenSL ES + Java wrapping
OpenGL ES 2.0 is ok

Java is ok

Android NDK ...don't know how to replace (maybe there are some example that helps here)

but we missing OpenSL ES

So i don't know if OpenSL ES is available for Linux (i think not) and also we need to implement (read write from zero) the audio part (as SLES is an audio library) using another framework like SDL.

Not so easy task.

If the stuff is open source, it must be possible to obtain the source from any apk you download. That's not like the google play store, I assume.
right, but I think ExquisiteCorpse thought he could just download software from it and it would automagically work with Angstrom.. I could also be putting too much thought on the intent of his first post.

Back