Startup Chime

jaysalmon3

Still Fresh
Hi all,
Alright heres the thing the startup chime is great and all however I was thinking that I need to mute it sometimes on startyp. Is there a way to turn it off. What I was thinking is if you can add a new row in the settings to turn on and off the chime. Just got my GP2x and wrote a small game but I dont know how to go about this. Where is the wav located and is there a script that plays it? Also how would I add a new menu item. Al help is appreciated. Thanks :D

You can replace the startup sound with a silent one. just make a 2.7 second wav recording at 22khz. Name it "gp2xsound.wav" and put it in the root of the sd card. Put it in your GP2X and hold Start+Select when it starts. It'll replace the existing sound.

Malic, the only solution is to plug something into the headphone socket, or do what HACHA suggested if you want to permanently remove it. If only there was a hardware volume control eh?

subcon959 posted on Sep 1 2006 at 07:46 PM said:
Malic, the only solution is to plug something into the headphone socket, or do what HACHA suggested if you want to permanently remove it. If only there was a hardware volume control eh?

That lame thanks for the ideas. Ill probably do that HACHA said. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's already a "silence" startup .wav on the archive. I used it, as "Leeeroyyyy Jenkinnsss" was getting tired :lol:

I made a blank 0 byte text file, renamed it to gp2xsound.wav, and used it instead.

- Alex

TelcoLou posted on Sep 1 2006 at 04:59 PM said:
There's already a "silence" startup .wav on the archive. I used it, as "Leeeroyyyy Jenkinnsss" was getting tired :lol:
LMAO. Changing it to the Leroy Jenkins warcry was exactly what I was about to do :p .

oryhara posted on Sep 1 2006 at 04:35 PM said:
LMAO. Changing it to the Leroy Jenkins warcry was exactly what I was about to do :p .

It's funny as hell the first dozen times you hear it.

Can someone post the original sound to the archive too? I don't like the idea of changing anything I can't revert back to the original.

subcon959 posted on Sep 1 2006 at 06:31 PM said:
Can someone post the original sound to the archive too? I don't like the idea of changing anything I can't revert back to the original.

You can do it yourself ... the FW update contains the startup sound.

TelcoLou posted on Sep 2 2006 at 06:37 AM said:
oryhara posted on Sep 1 2006 at 04:35 PM said:

It's funny as hell the first dozen times you hear it.
I'm just too lazy to change it back... I've actually been waiting for someone to pick up my gp2x, and get scared :p

Back