Status Of Psx4gp2x Work Being Done :)

Exophase said:
...but I suggest holding off until we get more done ;)
Yes... we never know with those lazy devs!

@una-i:

Here's the picture.
It's done with version 071307 of psx4all.
OC 270. RAM tweak on. Interlace 0. Sound off...

opqy1.jpg

Sorry for the screenshot taken with my laptop but fgrab gave me some garbage picture.

The bug disapear in the last version 072407.

I will post a video later of this awesome game that is Jumping Flash.

cheers... virusx

Last edited by a moderator:
yes. Version 071307, No OC, RAM tweak off. Interlace 0. Sound off.
Same bug.
The version 072407 is bug free with this game.
OC doesn't seem to give me a lot of more fps btw (3 to 8 fps ingame).

this sounds awsome. but can you please add volume control to the next release? right now we either have the choice of no sound or (with some games) deafeningly loud sound.

anyway you guys have been doing an awesome job and really are achieving what was really considered impossible. I admit I had my doubts but the last few betas have been impressive with some games and very playable. now with frameskip and an even more improved dynarec it sounds like so many games will be very playable and even full speed or around that.

i haven't checked the psx scene for awhile now maybe a few months. has a lot changed? will download the newest version and report back on how it runs etc...

tim

tim0391 said:
i haven't checked the psx scene for awhile now maybe a few months. has a lot changed? will download the newest version and report back on how it runs etc...

tim
lol... yeah it has like all 2d games run almost fullspeed and some 3d games run quite will like ff7

Just want to report a bug... (I think). I have been playing Hot Shots Golf 2 and as mentioned earlier in the thread it is slow but playable between 7-13 fps or there abouts. The problem I am having is coming out of the save state there is no sound. I have checked and it is enabled... but there is no sound for this particular game coming out of a save state.

Really looking forward to the next release as I expect that it will make this game very playable.

Hi everyone,

I'm about to update zodttd.com to reflect my latest "in-house" build. I changed the branching code in my new dynarec code and not only has it exceeded the performance of the previous dynarec, it also improving the frameskipping code a lot. :)

So much so, that I was playing Buster Bros Collection at 60 FPS (aka fullspeed) with frameskip 1, WITH SOUND, and NO INTERLACING. All at 266MHz OC. It was actually running too fast at times but never dipped below 60. :)

Though keep in mind that version had a poor timing of framerate. So it's actually improved greatly since then. Now the cpu emulation is faster, the sound is clear and doesn't stutter ingame, and there isnt the need for interlace with Buster Bros. Very exciting.

OMG you are killing me... :lol: this is like knowing I am getting a GP2x and I have to wait till for it... so as I am dancing here from foot to foot waiting for you next release... I am doing it with a great big smile on my face.

Oh and I went to your site its not there yet... I will refresh it in another 30 seconds.. then another 30 seconds and so on and so forth. ;)

Heh ripster. I'm going to get it tested a bit more, and look at some videos of various games running it while Unai and I get things running smoothly for more games.

ok so in a "hypothetical" situation where "someone" might download a playstation iso is there a reason why it would not work after being extracted to raw .bin format with .cue file using isobuster. are there only certain kinds of files that can be converted to .bin? such as .rar, .iso, .uif? im using psx4gp2x version 072407. when i try to load a converted rom i get a load success message and then it just sticks on a black screen and i cant even get back to the in game menu. anybody got any advice for me? thanks

zodttd said:
Heh ripster. I'm going to get it tested a bit more, and look at some videos of various games running it while Unai and I get things running smoothly for more games.

Thanks zodttd, appreciate the update... I am sure that I am not the only one that is chomping at the bit to get a look at your latest. I would love to test the latest version but I don't qualify based on your requirements, so I will wait patiently for the next release.

Well I may just say screw it and release this version. I fixed a tiny bug in Unai's code that made things not update the screen right. It seems to have been around for a long time. It was making frameskip very choppy, but with the right variable castings it's now fixed and frameskip is working GREAT!

Unai wanted me to hold the release, but now with my dynarec fixes and Unai's frameskip this is already looking amazing.

I just played a great game of Einhander on the GP2X!

Gex in an early work in progress build, courtesy of Cabbages:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cop1Mh-ep9o
(note that the "fps" reported is cut in half)

Pretty nice? It just got faster too. :p

Pretty nice? It just got faster too. :p
[/quote]

Awsome , can't wait keep up the GREAT work :)

Back