Status Of Psx4gp2x Work Being Done :)

hlide said:
huh ? what's the buzz here ?

Oh my god !

ok, ok, ok, what can I say ?

I got a gp2x so I can hand a help to Zodttd.

Discovering that gp2x has a second processor which is hardly used in homebrew (or not fully used), I thought it may be interesting to find how to use it fully.

Initially there were two options :

- just emulating GPU on 940.
- running dynarec and recompiler on 940 and emulating devices on 920.

I think using the second option is more exciting for several technical reasons i wouldn't detail here.
Welcome! Any ideas for more performance are definitely wlecome! I just hope it's enough performance to make my favourites playable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyways, its fun to read. For me, it's the forums that does it, actually playing the games isn't that all.

Wow the forums are starting to go down to a crawl. Hope things pick up soon.

Yeah, has been a bit slow of late- I guess all of the interest over the new console has somewhat died down a bit, but I think a new version of PSX4ALL will liven things up a bit :)

Well I have spoke to hlide and things are picking up slightly. He's doing a great job. I need to still get in contact with Unai.

I also am getting a PocketPC / WinCE version up and running. Should be fun to see. I need help from those with PocketPC's generally around 400MHz or faster. If you have one and want to get the PocketPC version up and running, PM me. :)

This sounds very exciting. It would be something pretty special to leave the GP2X with a solid, fast running PSX emulator before it is superseded by the new machine.

Does hlide need donations via paypal ? :D
I hope someday I could achieve this dev level...
Thank you for all the great work !
Anyway the forum was a bit off because everyone are playing with Wind & Water at spare time xD

emulazione88 said:
This sounds very exciting. It would be something pretty special to leave the GP2X with a solid, fast running PSX emulator before it is superseded by the new machine.
in fact, what i'm trying to do for gp2x is PROBABLY reusable with few differences on the new machine.

hlide said:
emulazione88 said:
in fact, what i'm trying to do for gp2x is PROBABLY reusable with few differences on the new machine.

so you are saying the new handheld is dual core.

UMXPRime said:
Anyway the forum was a bit off because everyone are playing with Wind & Water at spare time xD
What i probably need right now is a PDU (power adapter) for my gp2x. Recharging AA batteries is really a pain in my ass(long).

Pickle said:
hlide said:
emulazione88 said:

Well...like the current one?

Well, ~"dual core" ;)

hackgrid said:
Pickle said:
hlide said:
emulazione88 said:

Well, ~"dual core" ;)

Not really like the current core, I would think the guys designing this know the history of the 2nd core well enough that the new design would "fix" it. Meaning a more enabled 2nd core, more functionlity.

Pickle said:
hackgrid said:
Pickle said:
hlide said:
emulazione88 said:

Well, ~"dual core" ;)

Not really like the current core, I would think the guys designing this know the history of the 2nd core well enough that the new design would "fix" it. Meaning a more enabled 2nd core, more functionlity.

The new machine will have a GPU. So instead of treating the 2nd core as a GPU it will be treating the GPU as a GPU. It may even work faster that way. ;)

hlide said:
UMXPRime said:
What i probably need right now is a PDU (power adapter) for my gp2x. Recharging AA batteries is really a pain in my ass(long).

That's why u should build up a paypal account for donation :p
Many users will give u something to eat ;)

The GP32X forums are clearly working slow these weeks... I hope it'll get better soon, thanks to Zod's team ;)

UMXPRime said:
That's why u should build up a paypal account for donation :p
Many users will give u something to eat ;)
well, I'm not against donations but it is a bit too earlier even if I'm really very motivated and quite optimistic. I prefer to realize some ideas I got to improve psx4gp2x and to be sure they are really viable solutions. I cannot accept donation as long as there is no release of psx4gp2x where I worked on it.

But be reassured I'm really motivated on it.

A very professional opinion. I like this. But don't hasitate to ask if you need something you cannot afford or don't know where to get it.

Regards,
Stephan

Back