Status Of Psx4gp2x Work Being Done :)

Very strange, as I was noticed slight pauses in Wipeout XL, and with this recent build, they no longer occur. Almost opposite!

Its very noticable in alien Ressurection. Though it might be happening when its loading. Im using a harddisk through a BoB

Well
a good thing:
Kula world is now working again. :)

bad thing:
Carmageddon works, but there is quite a few problems with some graphic glitches.

Wow, Ungra Walker (3d zelda/egoboo like dungeon hack&slash) runs beautifully with this new build(22fps), no freeze-ups here.
Minor but definate improvement over last build. Game is much smoother (run with psx clock at 30%).

Game is all in japanese, but menu is simple, and game doesn't depend on language, it is just a randomly generated dungeon game.
ungramc2.th.jpg

mth411 said:
Wow, Ungra Walker (3d zelda/egoboo like dungeon hack&slash) runs beautifully with this new build(22fps), no freeze-ups here.
Minor but definate improvement over last build. Game is much smoother (run with psx clock at 30%).

Game is all in japanese, but menu is simple, and game doesn't depend on language, it is just a randomly generated dungeon game.
ungramc2.th.jpg
ok i tried area 51 it is fullspeed with some weird graphic glitches....also einhander runs excelent. i think the earlier release you released was actually faster ... is their memory card support coming soon?

Last edited by a moderator:
Damnit zodttd, I loaded up FF VII and am impressed. Cut scene's still aint perfect, but they are much better, I am really impressed! I had 5 chars on screen in the first scenes with no noticeable frame lag.

Now I'm playing FF VII again from scratch, and seeing if i can complete disk one on my gp2x again! heh.

[edit]

Damn, this rules.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9IJT3sNgM8

Ive just fired up FF7 and its running decent.

GP2X o.c to 250 with memory timing ON
PSX underclocked to 40% with sound OFF, Interlace = 0 (Higher Interlace made a few frame difference)
Battle 3-7(~5 avg) fps, Movement Mode ~25 fps, Menu Mode ~40 fps

Ive also tried FF Origin for a little bit. Its running good. Left sound off since its well annoying.

It really looks like 2d is doing very good, 3d still needs another big boost help. This is the first time ive been able to try the 07 builds since the last 04 build. I can really see the improvement in FF7 in the movement mode.

played some warcraft 2! I wasn't able to start a campaign game as it seems to freeze right after the intro video, but when I start a custom scenario, it actually works quite well.

haha i did pass out the other night :p and havent ha dmy gp2x on since ! ( Been busy with some other things like San andreas online!) Anyway i will hopefully try this new one out tonigth ot tomorrow :D

zodttd said:
More optimizations coming. :)

You're my hero. :lol:

Edit: Zodttd are you seriously doing the GC/Wii PSX emu as well?! I just read about this on wiili.org!

zodttd said:
More optimizations coming. :)
Woooohoooo yes! Nice... What exactly is in the works?

I got as far as the world map in FF VII before my save state self corrupted, but the world map in FF VII looks and runs fine, I've moved onto GTA 2 (Picked it up today in a bargin bin for £1), cos its the only game in the series I aint played, and damn, it sucked me in, I need a PSU, so I can just leave this baby plugged in :D

I can't wait for mem cards to be working, I guess DaveC would consider GTA 2 unplayable, cos it *stops and starts* at times, and i need to turn sound off, but hey,for a game I have not played before, I am enjoying the hell out of it.

[edit]

Yah yah, I could play GTA 2 on my PC, but i can't whip a PC or a laptop out my pocket, keep on rocking psx4all team, a bounty if I may, get mem cards working, and I will donate 40USD to Zodttd to split how he see's fit.

I must test tony hawk pro skater... i remember that the like 5 builds ago it ran at playable speed but had insane graphical glitches... if there gone it will be insane.

Vagrant Story-gp2x-psx4gp2x_070707

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biaJMYkCzm4

OC 266, ram tweak on, sound on PSX clock is maybe 40%

Seems Vagrant story is faster with 070707. Thanks for that great video! Really appreciate that!

Back