Status Of Psx4gp2x Work Being Done :)

It's getting better and better :) big Hurray for Una-i!!!
There is so much good 2D games that are going to be playable at a good speed!! And if you add 3D games, PSX definitely have some of the best games ever!

I'm really looking forward to see the effects of a frameskip! I've got my SD card full of compressed ISOs!

I tested Rockman X3( 071907 build), it loads but it can't past the first loading screen no matter the cicle nor the psx clock

FF IX hard locks the emu after seeing the initial square solft logo, tried several cycle and clock settings (only have a short time to set it before it locks), and nothing seems to ake any difference.

yodaofborg said:
FF IX hard locks the emu after seeing the initial square solft logo, tried several cycle and clock settings (only have a short time to set it before it locks), and nothing seems to ake any difference.
I have this problem too, zodttd said on irc he would look on this problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh, playing Wipeout 1 on my gp2x with sound is neat, and its a great way to tell the local DS fanboi to have a nice large steaming cup of STFU ;)

I'm still waiting for payday Zod, but just getting mem card support is ace, cos even though I cant continue on FF VII right now, I reckon I will be able to when you nail these bugs :) As soon as I get payed, so do you :D

Tales of Destiny: ~30-45fps with interlace 1, but you can't read the text.
~20fps without. It'd be playable speed with interlace on, but it's not full speed.

Intelligent Qube: I think about 1/2 speed with interlace left on. Very playable, though. It's almost like cheating, playing it in slow motion! Couldn't see the actual values, since they were being displayed as unreadable white dots, with or without interlace (bigger unreadable white dots with interlace on).

Both tests at 266MHz with ram timings...

@zodttd: Have you considered releasing psx4all on the dreamcast? Chui could have a go at that. I am sure you would achieve great results!

predatorramboxxx said:
xnopasaranx said:
@zodttd: Have you considered releasing psx4all on the dreamcast? Chui could have a go at that. I am sure you would achieve great results!
dreamcast :} :] and all the psx ports they have stink :[

Well it depends what you call "stinky"... smoother gameplay and better graphics? If you are talking about ports in terms of "prepacked psx rips with bleem!cast" then you are right but they are not ports, and still the graphics look better on dc.

So I think it would be a neat idea to port it.

Heres a video of Abe`s Odysee on zod`s newest build of psx4gp2x wich is coming soon :p. The graohical glitches have been fixed now :D:D :-

ABE`s ODYSEE VIDEO!!!!

CABBAGES said:
Heres a video of Abe`s Odysee on zod`s newest build of psx4gp2x wich is coming soon :p. The graohical glitches have been fixed now :D:D :-

ABE`s ODYSEE VIDEO!!!!

overclock =???

hey, where did you get that release?? :D

Is it only compatible with Oddworld, as Zod said? Are we going to have a different version to play Oddworld?

My gp2x clock was at 266 the psx at 100% and cycle 1 interlace 0 oh and two new settings one was frame limiter on and abes odysee fix on :D

CABBAGES said:
My gp2x clock was at 266 the psx at 100% and cycle 1 interlace 0 oh and two new settings one was frame limiter on and abes odysee fix on :D
arnt you special getting a beta of a beta, new GPU on top of that

Yes! That Abe video is looking very sweet.

I assume those FPS values are due to the frame limiter: you probably didn't need to overclock at all to play that because in previous builds I actually had to leave the GP2X clock at 200 to get it to run at normal speed (it ran too fast otherwise).

Could somebody put up a video of Final Fantasy Tactics on YouTube when you get the time? The only one currently on YouTube is a year old, and I'm curious as to how much more playable this game has gotten since then.

Thank you.

Just a quick but important note: The 072407 release had to be re-upped since an early build made its way into the release on accident. The correct GPE file is 2,279KB. If you're just now getting the file after reading this, no worries as it's already fixed. :)

Back