Status Of Psx4gp2x Work Being Done :)

Finn: Also try a PsxCycle setting of 2 instead of the newly made default 1.

foleyjo: Thanks for the info. Edited the above post to reflect that. :)

oeildefeu said:
arrghh i used isobuster to convert my .img to .bin :-S
Maybe there something wrong in my .img :-S
After I converted with isobuster I found it still didnt work till I added the .bin at the end of the filenames

Last edited by a moderator:
oeildefeu: Maybe. :X ...Are you getting errors/prompt messages when converting with IsoBuster? If so, that would be bad.

The random lockups may be cased by the frame limiter, not confirmed yet, but the FF games seem to freeze after a while with the FL on, but I have been playing FF VII for over 2 hours now with no lock ups with FL off, (all other settings are the same).

yodaofborg said:
The random lockups may be cased by the frame limiter, not confirmed yet, but the FF games seem to freeze after a while with the FL on, but I have been playing FF VII for over 2 hours now with no lock ups with FL off, (all other settings are the same).
Can you confirm if both times you reseted the gp2x, may be you chancged and restarted the game inside the emulator without restarting??

What always seemed to work for me is if you have some sort of img (or iso, or anything else), mount the image using daemon tools. Now, with this image mounted onto a virtual hard drive, use Alcohol 120 (or something similar) and rip an image of the virtual dvd rom drive to a .bin file.

Good luck. And Zodttd, I'll test some games later (I need to give my batteries a chance to recharge).

ok zod almost all my games are bin other compressed ones using pocket iso. Mortal Komabt Trilogy loads and then later when you are about play the game after all the cutseen stuff it has a cd error. I tried some other games and only got one to work and it ran worse then before. So i dont know if it is me or is the this emu release. anyway keep up the work zod

@ una-i - yes, the emulator hard locked my gp2x, I had to power cycle it, I could not access the emulator menu to reload anything. All three crashes happened after about the same amount of time (30 mins), I do not know if this helps, but sometimes with the frame limiter off, the emulator *pauses* sometimes for around a second, and then continues as normal, but while its in the *paused* state, I can access the emulator menu.

Heres my settings for completeness. GP2X Clocked to 275 Ram timings on, PSX clock @ 70% cycle 1, no interlace, no sound, and the image is taken direct from a EU PAL CD.

hackgrid: Try disabling frame limit and retry FF9 and see if it hard-freezes. If you get a chance that is. Let me know. :)

zodttd said:
hackgrid: Try disabling frame limit and retry FF9 and see if it hard-freezes. If you get a chance that is. Let me know. :)
I disabled frame limiting some minutes before the freeze, but i will test it without overclocking...

Hi, I tried FF9, with no FL, and it crashes about the same amount of time FF 7 does with FL. FF 7 seems to run OK with it disabled though. (I've got all the way to the golden saucer already :D)

[edit]

FF 9 seems to crash after meeting alleyway jack for me, incase that is any help.

[edit 2]

Re tried FF 9 but this time disabled the FL before I loaded the game >.> (which of course I should have done first time) and I got all the way to the world map! I was expecting it to freeze but it did not! Instead, my batteries died :D I will play some more games tomorrow, I'm just enjoying FF VII with mem cards atm :D I just hope I can find a replacement second EU PAL CD (cos mine is buggered) before I get to disk 2! (don't anyone point me to *some rom site* they only have US iso's).

Wouhou i just tried Command & conquer red alert 2 (NTSC) just before my accus died :D

And i saw 28 fps with sound @270mhz, ram tweak ON, PSX cycle 2, CPU 100%, framelimiter ON, interlace 0

But i saw 36-37fps with sound, @270mhz, ram tweak on, psx cycle 3, cpu 80%, framelimiter off, interlace 0

The only problem is the sound.. a little scratchy :)

oeildefeu said:
Wouhou i just tried Command & conquer red alert 2 (NTSC) just before my accus died :D

And i saw 28 fps with sound @270mhz, ram tweak ON, PSX cycle 2, CPU 100%, framelimiter ON, interlace 0

But i saw 36-37fps with sound, @270mhz, ram tweak on, psx cycle 3, cpu 80%, framelimiter off, interlace 0

The only problem is the sound.. a little scratchy :)
wow good results
this is the thing i dont like about the psx tho like not many ppl can overclock that high :[

with FL on, final fantasy tactics hard locks at the first battle field screen, with FL off, final fantasy tactics doesnt even get past the squaresoft logo, ill mess with it somemore

In the latest build, FF7 at 240mhz(mine maxes out at 250 with no ram timings :( ) with tweaked ram timings I get around 16-25 fps with no frame limiting and around 6-12 fps in battles. Sound was off as well
Remember people, a lot of us cant get 290mhz and even if we could, it really isn't portable as it'll drain the batteries damn fast.

Back