Stay Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna post this one, even though I'm a bit afraid to with the bile over Chip's post still fresh.

I look forward to returning to gp32x.de once the site's bus number* is greater than one. Until then, the system is broken and I'm staying here for my game development.

* Bus Number: The smallest number of people needed to be hit by a bus for a project to be derailed.

When hando posted, I didn't see any inclination to sharing website administration with someone else. Even if the website comes back up, with all the bugs fixed and upgraded to a new version of invision, the system is still broken.

This is no slander against hando, it's just a fundamental property of project management. It's not hando's fault, but it is his problem. As long as a single person is responsible for website administration, we will see outages, unresolved bugs, and other badness eventually return.

I know that's probably an unpopular sentiment. I know I'm just one voice and a lot of people wouldn't care less if the door hit my ass on the way out. That feeling doesn't make the fundamental problem go away.

EDIT: I recall now that Hando did mention that he thought he had given ED admin privs, but didn't. That has to be not only for invision, but also for the website management (i.e. full DB access). And I would guess neither has actually happened yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
TrevorBradley said:
I'm gonna post this one, even though I'm a bit afraid to with the bile over Chip's post still fresh.

I look forward to returning to gp32x.de once the site's bus number* is greater than one. Until then, the system is broken and I'm staying here for my game development.

* Bus Number: The smallest number of people needed to be hit by a bus for a project to be derailed.

When hando posted, I didn't see any inclination to sharing website administration with someone else. Even if the website comes back up, with all the bugs fixed and upgraded to a new version of invision, the system is still broken.

This is no slander against hando, it's just a fundamental property of project management. It's not hando's fault, but it is his problem. As long as a single person is responsible for website administration, we will see outages, unresolved bugs, and other badness eventually return.

I know that's probably an unpopular sentiment. I know I'm just one voice and a lot of people wouldn't care less if the door hit my ass on the way out. That feeling doesn't make the fundamental problem go away.

I'm sure ED got rights, might be wrong, might be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like something is happening over there. It appears as if enough people donated to get that upgrade, and hopefully fix the current bugs.

The community isnt large enough to split between 2 or 3 forums they way it's going. That's why it was such a problem convincing people to move here (besides the few people angry at chip for the way he announced it). People want to go where the lion's share of the important people (developers/coders/programers/techies) are if the important people want to be at GP32x, which out of loyalty it would seem to be the case, then that's where most people will be. So it follows that if the important people are there, then most of the community will be too.

Leaving this place kinda dry yet again. It's hard enough for the Pandora team to post on GP32x, if there arent enough people here then certain bits of news wont show up here. Someone is going to need to post news articles or blog updates (official and unofficial) more regularly here or it'll be just as dead as it was before.

The "Original" forums are in the middle of a major upgrade, downtime is not unusual for this and Hando is doing his best to speedily get it all sorted. This will be a completely new version for GP32X, one that hasn't happened in a loooong time. You may very well see some fab additions happening with this upgrade.

Looking thru the posts I am going to close this thread as the tone of it is kinda down and it really isn't what we need at the moment, so please be patient, we will get back to normal soon.

P.S. Don't forget that the openpandora forum is powered by PHPBB and it's one of the most hacked forums as it's free! So don't be too eager to hop over as this place has been here a mere minute compared to our old friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back