steam on openpandora?

ezeke

Still Fresh
hey, i'm a huge noob to this openpandora thing, seems cool though. but i was wondering if i could run steam on super saxxon, since i got old games that would work. thanks!

p.s. how do i use capitol letters on he keyboard?

Steam : No

Capital letters : shift key like with all keyboards or left trigger…

wouldn't in theory steamOS be portable there? or any kind of debian + steam UI?

and yes, I'm aware no game would work out of the box...

edit:

nm.. just saw that while the OS is opensource the client is propritary, and thus, not avaiable for ARM...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I wouldnt be surprised if they eventually expand to ARM but not right now. they need to get x86 right first before expanding

Well you can boot into Android and use the Android version Steam, which doesn't play ANY games.. just allows you to shop for games and chat with other steam members. 

Also, despite what any spell-checker may say, its "zaxxon" not "saxxon" ;)

Put the Pandora in a pot. Pour a liter of water in the pot. Put that pot on the stove. Crank heat to max. Wait for 30 minutes and you will have Steam running in/coming out of the Pandora :)

Put the Pandora in a pot. Pour a liter of water in the pot. Put that pot on the stove. Crank heat to max. Wait for 30 minutes and you will have Steam running in/coming out of the Pandora :)
Half an hour on max heat?  :p

hey, i'm a huge noob to this openpandora thing, seems cool though. but i was wondering if i could run steam on super saxxon, since i got old games that would work. thanks!

Depends what games they are. I know that most, if not all, DOSbox games from Steam should work just fine once you copy them over and set them up. Then there's games like Quake where the datafiles may or may not work properly when imported into a source port.

Most other games won't work at all as Steam isn't supported on the hardware.

Har har.

Depends what games they are. I know that most, if not all, DOSbox games from Steam should work just fine once you copy them over and set them up. Then there's games like Quake where the datafiles may or may not work properly when imported into a source port.
Most other games won't work at all as Steam isn't supported on the hardware.
definately, what might be interesting is whether or not streaming would be useable on the pandora in case vavle opensource their part or provide ARM implementations...

I think convincing the humble indie bundle guys to provide arm source, and helping them out, is an easier goal. DRM-free and all that jazz.

They have their own store now, so its comparable. The games they typically have, are more apt for handheld consumption anyways.

They have been really helpful when ive requested flac versions of music that has only been available in mp3. Its all up to the developers, which i like a lot.

Back