Strange Firmware 2.5 On Gp2x.co.kr?

Am I the only one thinking it maybe SDHC support? I will maybe flash my gp2x to find out. Wish me luck :D

[edit]

Ok, the firmware upgrade went ok, and boot screen now shows version 2.5.0, boot time is about the same as 2.1.1, menu obviously did not get changed so it still reads 2.1.1. Also my 4gig card that did not work before still does not work (cheap dan elec SDHC). I will try get hold of other SDHC cards for testing :) Nothing seems to have broken, yet.

yodaofborg said:
Am I the only one thinking it maybe SDHC support? I will maybe flash my gp2x to find out. Wish me luck :D

[edit]

Ok, the firmware upgrade went ok, and boot screen now shows version 2.5.0, boot time is about the same as 2.1.1, menu obviously did not get changed so it still reads 2.1.1. Also my 4gig card that did not work before still does not work (cheap dan elec SDHC). I will try get hold of other SDHC cards for testing :) Nothing seems to have broken, yet.
Question is, where the hell is firmware 4.0 available... ? GPH said they'd be releasing it...

CODE

Subject: RE: GP2X Version 4.0 Firmware
To: simonb@kaizo.org
X-Spam-ASN: AS26347 208.97.128.0/18
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-0.2 required=5.0 tests=BAYES_40 autolearn=ham
version=3.2.3
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 18:23:17 +0900

Hello,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience. We will be releasing FW4.0.0 by
next week. Kernel source has already been released in dev.gp2x.com

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lurkio said:
simonb said:
Question is, where the hell is firmware 4.0 available... ? GPH said they'd be releasing it...
Reasons why you shouldn't want it

I have an F200 though, and a whole bunch of stuff I want to get up and running on my F200, such as replacement boot scripts/shells/daemons etc... I can't start to do this until I know I can `unbrick' the firmware...

Those damn fiends, still screwing us over for getting the commercial games and implementing DRM like they said they wouldn't...

wow DRM... now that's a firmware update I won't be making ^^. Then again, it depends. I wish they would just trust the community and release the games drm free. AFAIK not one commercial gp2x game has surfaced on any warez pages or torrent trackers and it should stay this way.

Well thats because the community is somewhat small...in comparison to the big guys.

and as far as commercial goes...well yea...not much there <_<

The big commercial game developers generally don't like the idea of developing for a system where their major competition is free.

Not like they have a reason too. Nintendo been around for so long its just not a joke anymore.

And sony yea I have nothing good to say.

Sega came and gone.

Only people who would are independent smaller companies.

xnopasaranx said:
wow DRM... now that's a firmware update I won't be making ^^. Then again, it depends. I wish they would just trust the community and release the games drm free. AFAIK not one commercial gp2x game has surfaced on any warez pages or torrent trackers and it should stay this way.

Not true Payback and Vektar appeared about a month back on a certain torrent site but was taken off as soon as the admin found out, but at one point over 120 people were downloading and it was still available even after it was taken off the list

The Payback and Vektar news is very sad. It's not surprising in the least though, is it? Considering how the GP2X is marketed towards emulation more than anything else, getting the attention of people like that is inevitable.

So I clicked on that Blood Cross link on the last page. Some kind of fighting game, I guess.

(image removed, just click the link)

I wonder if any fighters actually wear outfits like that? :lol:

Back