Strange Genesis Emulator Problem - All Emus

christo930

The game snowbros (a bubble bobble clone) doesn't seem to work right with any genesis emulator on the gp32 (my rom works fine on my pc and mac). The graphics and sound are fine, it's the AI of the baddies thats broke! They all walk off the left side of the screen never to be seen again. Usually it's graphics and sounds that break, not computer AI. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Chris

I've noticed something that might be simlilar...

In RISK (like the board-game) the rules are suriously corrupted. Me and a mate was actually trying to play a game, but we soon discovered that something is corrupted since we noticed that the attacker NEVER wins.

This makes the game is unplayable, since nobody ever will be able to take over a new country.
I think I recall the game working on the other Mega Drive emulator...

now that's strange.

Yeah there is many problem with the AI ( like in Dune2 or others strategy games ) but Reesy is making a great work and i'm sure that this problem will be resolved soon.

Thanks Reesy to your great work !!!!!

Actually, they walk off the right side of the screen, not the left... sorry about that. But it's not just with drmd, it's with all the genesis emulators. Maybe they all share the same cpu core or something.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
SnowBros was the first Genesis game i tried, and now i'm stuck with the NES version because of the beforementioned 'bug' .. well, hopefully we will soon see a MAME emu for gp32_console and then we can play the real arcade version :)

I really love DrMD.. looking forward to an updated version !!!
Easily one of the nicest emus for the gp32_console

I added snow bros to my compatibilty tracker(DrMD).

There are graphics glitches on sprites when you snowball monsters in the latest beta but the AI appears to be sorted whereas in an earlier beta they were a bit bonkers.

Try the christmas release of fgen. That doesnt have the cyclone core and should work fine. Be prepared for heavy frameskip and no sound though.

Not sure where you can get it. Have a look around, it must be somewhere.

In RISK (like the board-game) the rules are suriously corrupted. Me and a mate was actually trying to play a game, but we soon discovered that something is corrupted since we noticed that the attacker NEVER wins.

This makes the game is unplayable, since nobody ever will be able to take over a new country.
lol :lol:

Fgen?

now that's strange.

Yeah there is many problem with the AI ( like in Dune2 or others strategy games ) but Reesy is making a great work and i'm sure that this problem will be resolved soon.

Thanks Reesy to your great work !!!!!

Actually, they walk off the right side of the screen, not the left... sorry about that. But it's not just with drmd, it's with all the genesis emulators. Maybe they all share the same cpu core or something.

Chris

Oops, that would be my fault, sorry!

yes, I noticed that too...classic don´t work... but the arcade version works...

Back