Strange that noones mentioned this..

RobertG

TheHiVE, author of ZXAdvance (best emulator on the GBA), posted a little news on the gp32emu boards:-

Port is on hold for short while (very short while).
I got distracted with my GP32 SMS emu. Which will probably see a preview release before ZXA does. ie. VERY soon

I can tell you that ZXA is running stuff already, including 128k ROMs. I have a tech demo that is running two Speccy games simulatneously (1/2 size rendering), at fuill speed (default GP32 CPU clock)...It's certainly a nippy little beast...

Whoa... Can't wait :)

Ya TheHIVE is a great coder too and won't stop till his emu is perfect :) Great if he added save state support....ehem *hint hint*

TFC

Ya TheHIVE is a great coder too and won't stop till his emu is perfect

..and wont release until it's perfect ;) Seemed like it took forever for ZXAdvance to come out ;) Worth the wait though, I couldn't possibly go back to using Foon now.

As far as I understand, ZXGP32 is a straight port from his GBA emu with added functionality (notably 128K support), so there should still be save state support (although you have to do it through a menu).
For those who never heard of ZXA, this is quite an amazing emu & it ran pretty much every game I tried.
So be prepared for a real treat when it comes out (well if you like the ZX spectrum).
Now if only someone could come up with mod to plug a keyboard into the GP32 (yes, i know, this is not exactly easy), I would be in heaven...

Back