Strange White Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

josafisch

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
gp32_console I just got a GP32 Blu and i was uploading Doom V.10 and also the SNES emulator OSNES9X. They both work but i have this white bar at the top of the screen that messes with the picture and i was just wondering how to make it go away or what i need to tweak to get it to work properly.. other emulators run fine and don't have the bar.
please help

josafisch posted on Mar 30 2005 at 11:31 PM said:
gp32_console I just got a GP32 Blu and i was uploading Doom V.10 and also the SNES emulator OSNES9X. They both work but i have this white bar at the top of the screen that messes with the picture and i was just wondering how to make it go away or what i need to tweak to get it to work properly.. other emulators run fine and don't have the bar.
please help

search the boards dude. now!!!!

edit: there are betta's of doom i think that would work for BLU+ look for it on www.gp32.de

Last edited by a moderator:
NO WE ARE NOT!

Hello fellow!

the GP32 device you own is NOT faulty, nor is the emulator or the doom engine. You,my friend, own one of the younger BLU models which has a different LCD brand than the older ones. Therefore some software that inits the screen in a certain way gives you this white line error. As for DOOM: there is indeed a fixed version available here:
http://www.gp32x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,20,548

as for os9xgp: unfortunatelly the 0.2 and 0.3 versions don't work on the new BLU (BLU+ as we call it), but you can run either os9xGP 0.1 or snes9xgp.

Wow, don't be so mean guys, its a valid question for a new guy.
I have a blu+ also, it has a nice screen, and almost every game has been fixed for it. Make sure you also grab the fenix update for the blu at www.gp32x.de, place it in /gpsys
and then all fenix games will work fine.

The new blu+ is great. Also, check out www.gp32eu.com for some other great games for it, like balloon and balloon, the free bomberman like game.

Welcome to the community.

yupster posted on Mar 30 2005 at 11:24 PM said:
dont respond to his idiocy it only shows acceptance of it
Don't be such a dick to new people mister.

Hey yupster

Folk like you are making this forum an unpleasant, hostile and elitist place. In the time it took you to insult the guy, you could have offered some valid help or even directed him to an existing forum thread.

When I bought a GP32 BLU+. the people on the forum were mighty helpful and patient. First impressions last, so sort yourself out.

<_< i agree to an extent its just anoying to see all these questions over and over and over. i mean its not as if the answer is dificult to find, it would even be quiker in this case to look the answer up. If it was a decent question i would agree that he should be answered politly but something like that is just retarded.

Idiocy doesn't always run synonymously with 'doesn't use the search tool.' Looking closely at his post you'll find that it's well worded, polite, and suggests that he does know what he is doing. Are these traits of idiocy? They aren't even traits of n00bism!

So why does not using the search tool before posting on a messageboard mean they are idiotic? The search tool is an obscure unknown only used by a few, and on a popular board such as this, surely it's just as easy to answer the questions of the baffled to their faces, after all, there will always be someone willing to help point them in the right direction, even if you don't feel like doing it.
Besides, human interaction solves a lot more than a list of predescribed cases ever will. On the Acer FAQ I haven't found anything about what to do when the amount of memory I have is misreported, when the keys fall off, or when I get random bleeping sounds, and yet I have no idea whether these are common questions or not. If I'd just asked for help, I'm pretty sure I could have sorted out these problems (or at least got the answers 'your RAM has exploded', 'you can just clip them back on. use a knife to prise up the little metal bits if neccessary', and 'lack of hard drive space combined with emule downloads'.)

Josafisch, I apologise on behalf of the members of this community who don't automatically flame anyone who doesn't use the FAQ or search tool, which I'm glad to say is at least 7/8 of the group. I think you'll find that somewhere in DoomGP 10 (not sure where, as I haven't played it myself yet) there is a switch to change between the normal Oldschool GP32 and new GP32 'BLU+' screen format. You'll have more problems with OSNES9X, as only the first version is BLU+ compatible, but there is reasonably good alternative in SNES9XGP.

Also, welcome to the community. I hope the flamers haven't put you off posting here in the future.

who said anything about a search tool if he was that curious or worried he would have just read what looked like it could help then he will know what to do about other things if they should happen as well.

Not that I'm advocating skipping the Search function, but the word BAR is only 3 letters, therefore an invalid search. so "white bar" wont work, and just WHITE would give tons of results. And if he's unaware of the Blu+ problem, searching for PLUS or Blu+ wouldn't enter his mind. And just searching for GLITCH or BROKEN or SCREEN or combinations of it wouldn't help much either.

josafisch posted on Mar 31 2005 at 05:23 PM said:
:eek: Wow thanks everyone... So much fuss over little old me... and by the way I did try the search. I looked through hundreds of posts for about an hour and a half before posting the question...
Thanks again
Don't worry, the fuss is not about you, some people just like bashing 'newbies' because it makes them feel superior ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back